Wakeboarder Forum Index

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Halloween at Hyco '05

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Liza
Outlaw
Outlaw


Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Posts: 166
City: nashville

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Halloween at Hyco '05 Reply with quote

what's the deal with hyco this year? anyone know anything about it? anyone going? i havent been in two years. i want to go, i NEED to go!
_________________
hit it!

we're not here for a long time, just a good time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
wtbamoomba
Addict
Addict


Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Posts: 808
City: raleigh

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.endofropegang.com
_________________
finally got my boat!!!
http://www.oakwakeskates.com/

big ups to my sponsor Monster Energy Drinks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Trucker T
Soul Rider
Soul Rider


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 416
City: Washington, DC And I'm a Lady damnit!

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the weekend of Oct. 21-23 this year. Not sure why it is not on Halloween weekend this year, but we will still be bringing our costumes. It is always kind of difficult to get info. on this event. I guess it is just one of those word of mouth things. But you know the deal if you have gone to it before. Just bring your camp gear and ride all weekend. Here is the link to the local board shop that kind of sponsors the event if you want to call them for more info. Their website has not been very informative. I will be on the big blue Wakesetter.

http://www.boatsnboards.com

T
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spinnintowin
Guest





PostPosted: Oct 13, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an article on the home page of www.endofropegang.com
Back to top
Cary K.
Outlaw
Outlaw


Joined: 13 Jan 2003
Posts: 225
City: Wilson, NC

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trucker T wrote:
It is the weekend of Oct. 21-23 this year. Not sure why it is not on Halloween weekend this year, but we will still be bringing our costumes. It is always kind of difficult to get info. on this event. I guess it is just one of those word of mouth things. But you know the deal if you have gone to it before. Just bring your camp gear and ride all weekend. Here is the link to the local board shop that kind of sponsors the event if you want to call them for more info. Their website has not been very informative. I will be on the big blue Wakesetter.

http://www.boatsnboards.com

T


At the risk of sounding like a jerk, here is the reasoning behind your questions/comments above.

As posted above, WWW.ENDOFROPEGANG.COM is where all of the info for this event can and always will be found. This group is the one that started these Hyco gatherings. Bill from Boats N Boards is a member of our site. He and his family have been gracious enough through the years to really help promote these events, bring in special guests, activities, etc... While you can contact them for information, they will be getting their info from the same place you can. This is one of the reasons their website has not been very informative.

It is the 21-23 because that is what was voted on. Not everyone is thrilled with that date, but not everyone would have been thrilled by a different date either.

We hope that all of you can make it. Halloween & Easter @ Hyco are two of the years best Mid-Atlantic / East Coast events. Also sign up on EORG stay in touch with what is going on in our area !!! See you on the water....

_________________
Sattelyte Wakeskates
Aussie Island Surf Shop
Inland Surfer
Jet Pilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trucker T
Soul Rider
Soul Rider


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 416
City: Washington, DC And I'm a Lady damnit!

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinnintowin wrote:
There is an article on the home page of www.endofropegang.com


Thanks spinnintowin. I appreciate your posting where that very informative article can be found without coming off like a jerk. You should get a star.

Cary K. ... No star for you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cary K.
Outlaw
Outlaw


Joined: 13 Jan 2003
Posts: 225
City: Wilson, NC

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I came off like a jerk, that was not my intention. I knew I risked sounding like a jerk, therefore I prefaced my whole post. I was trying to pass along detailed info directly related to your post.

I felt it necessary to go into details since you obviously ignored WTBAMOOMBA's post on where to find the info on this event. And the date issue was not directed at you. It was a general statement of what we go through prior to every one of these events when picking the date(s).

On the bright side, at least you thought my EORG homepage article was "informative". Bill is going to put this same article on Boats N Boards website shortly.

_________________
Sattelyte Wakeskates
Aussie Island Surf Shop
Inland Surfer
Jet Pilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trucker T
Soul Rider
Soul Rider


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 416
City: Washington, DC And I'm a Lady damnit!

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary K. wrote:
Sorry that I came off like a jerk, that was not my intention. I knew I risked sounding like a jerk, therefore I prefaced my whole post. I was trying to pass along detailed info directly related to your post.

I felt it necessary to go into details since you obviously ignored WTBAMOOMBA's post on where to find the info on this event. And the date issue was not directed at you. It was a general statement of what we go through prior to every one of these events when picking the date(s).

On the bright side, at least you thought my EORG homepage article was "informative". Bill is going to put this same article on Boats N Boards website shortly.


Your article was just posted yesterday. I have been on that website over the last week or so...and nothing, but now I see the article, again thanks to spinnintowin. And it looks like your article may have been uploaded after WTBAMOOMBA's post. Whatever the case, I'm glad Bill decided to upload an article outlining the details of an event he is planning onto his own website. Rolling Eyes Sheesh, I was just trying to relay to the lady what I knew. Who knew it would provoke criticism. We all are not in the know Cary K.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cary K.
Outlaw
Outlaw


Joined: 13 Jan 2003
Posts: 225
City: Wilson, NC

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again my apologizies for being rude. There is other info on the website other than the homepage article. As far as my criticism, I took some of what you wrote as critical, and I responded defensively. Maybe I shouldn't have.

Whatever the case, we all know what is going on now, and hopefully we can all just enjoy this kick @$$ event.

_________________
Sattelyte Wakeskates
Aussie Island Surf Shop
Inland Surfer
Jet Pilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trucker T
Soul Rider
Soul Rider


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 416
City: Washington, DC And I'm a Lady damnit!

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary K. wrote:
Whatever the case, we all know what is going on now, and hopefully we can all just enjoy this kick @$$ event.


Agreed! And thanks, now I am in the know. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cary K.
Outlaw
Outlaw


Joined: 13 Jan 2003
Posts: 225
City: Wilson, NC

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone planningon coming to H@H this year should read this:

http://www.endofropegang.com/cpgnuke/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3036

The event is still on, but evryone needs to be aware of the situation. It sucks that a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch.

Oh well, we will make the best of it and still have a great time.

_________________
Sattelyte Wakeskates
Aussie Island Surf Shop
Inland Surfer
Jet Pilot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trucker T
Soul Rider
Soul Rider


Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 416
City: Washington, DC And I'm a Lady damnit!

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cary K. wrote:
Anyone planningon coming to H@H this year should read this:

http://www.endofropegang.com/cpgnuke/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3036

The event is still on, but evryone needs to be aware of the situation. It sucks that a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch.

Oh well, we will make the best of it and still have a great time.


Great! Now you're calling me a bad apple!!! I'm totally kidding Cary. Laughing Thanks for the updates. I promise to be on my better behavior. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wtbamoomba
Addict
Addict


Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Posts: 808
City: raleigh

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man, the note thing was there before i posted the site... :dunno:
_________________
finally got my boat!!!
http://www.oakwakeskates.com/

big ups to my sponsor Monster Energy Drinks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
             


Copyright © 2012 - Wakeboarding - Wakeboarder.com - All Right Reserved
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group