Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Running wires through Roswell tower.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svfara_Matt

City: Toronto/Haliburton

PostPosted: May 12, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Running wires through Roswell tower. Reply with quote

I have a Roswell tower and I am getting some tower speakers but I was trying to figure out how to run the wires. I could drill a hole in the tower and feed them but there is a joint on the arms that come down is there a good way to run the wires?
wakeskier
Addict
Addict

City: Leominster, MA

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering the same thing since I just picked up some speaks myself and will be mounting on a Roswell tower very soon.

I dug out an old picture from a used boat I was considering that had tower speakers on a roswell, looks like they just ran the wire in the leg, and back out at the joint... then ran it on the outside, not the cleanest install.

I also took a look at Roswell's website, and noticed they usually do the same, although if you look at the Limited Tower, it looks like they ran the wire back into the tubing above the joint?
http://www.roswellwakeair.com/towers/limited_tower.htm

Let me know how your install goes, I would really like to find out if you can run a wire back in above the joint all the way to the crossbars so the wire is completely hidden (can run the wire straight thru the mount)
Svfara_Matt

City: Toronto/Haliburton

PostPosted: May 17, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think you could just come out @ the joint and then go back in but it would be really hard to fish the wires like that I think. I welded up a light bar for the boat with some lights I had kicking around and I just put the wires on the outside in some wire loom. I think might just do the same thing on the other side for the speakers. I noticed some where in one of your gallerys you had a sub under the drivers foot well. did u take that pic of wood out from in there how did u do it?
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: May 17, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my boat with roswell tower and speakers installed. The previous owner drilled through the bottom leg but then just used ties to secure it on the top bar (just like that picture). It doesn't bother me to have the wires on the outside. I bet you could drill through that top section and run the wires through if it did bother you.
wakeskier
Addict
Addict

City: Leominster, MA

PostPosted: May 17, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt,

As for the sub, I had it installed at the factory, but it would be very easy to do yourself. There's tons of room behind the kickpanel (screws off).
You could either make a new kickpanel cutout to fit the sub, or modify the current one. (will need to add some brackets for support)

Even though I don't have the greatest sub in there right now, it makes a world of difference in the stereo system. Definitely a worthy project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: