Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

those things builders use 2 put wood on top of 2 cut?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liquidforce519
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: those things builders use 2 put wood on top of 2 cut? Reply with quote

those things you see on construction sites that they put wood on top of to cut has any1 ever tried 2 build 1 of those (accept longer) and use it for a slider with pvc on the top? it might be cool because it would be on the ground so it would be stable but it would also be portabel.i dont know it might just tip over when you hit it. Very Happy
gvw686
Addict
Addict

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya last time i was out at jerry nunn n shawn murrys house thats how there rails were. its been a while though so im not sure anymore
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
holdsworth
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gvw686,

are you talking about the slider right behind his house or the one in the corner? or both cuz i was there in march and remember it perfectly
gvw686
Addict
Addict

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one right behind there houses. last time i was there it was to windy to go ride the ones in the corner. and the times before that they were just talking about building them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
liquidforce519
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool ill atempt to build one Very Happy
Dave Sunseri
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Pittsburgh/ Athens

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am pretty sure those things are called "Horses" they sell them at home depot or they could be made Twisted Evil
16 ft hero
Criminal
Criminal

City: 518

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made a slider that was portable, pretty much the same concept... except looked nothing like saw horses... i wakeboard on a river too, so i needed to make them nice and high due to the tides.... i pretty much used 2x4s for the whole thing, cut a hole in the 4" PVC pipe to accept the 2x4, and then made a + out of 2x4s for the bottom, and then attatched 4 side supports ( left , right, front, back) so it wouldnt fall over, then doubled that for the other side

it works great, with only two stands, and its 15 feet long... it took about an hour to build once i knew what angles to cut on the wood and stuff... and for the pvc i just used a standard masonry blade .... probably cost like 50 bucks with the pvc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: