Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Common angle on A-frame??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Beaumont, TX

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Common angle on A-frame?? Reply with quote

yea I am designing a plan for an A-frame ... I was trien to decide on what angle to make the kicker portion .... im leanin toward a 35 degree angle but since I have no experience hittin them I dont know if I should go with a 30 or even a 25 .. im pretty sure that imma have a table top of 20 feet and the kicker sectoin boards are gonna be 10' foot boards ... that puts my A-Frame at 6 foot tall to get a 35 degree angle .. 5'3" for a 30 .. and 4'6" for a 25 degree angle

All opinions and help would be appreciated here

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you mean a funbox? or an A-Frame im confused. i know nothing about angles and that stuff, but do you mean, like a slider, and on one side there will be a kicker, like build onto, like the one at OWC, but smaller, or do you mean just a A-Frame, as in the slider?
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im mean an A-Frame as in slider ... looks like /```\ ... well u will have to connezt the dots but u get te idea
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, ya, i know what a slider was, but you confused me when you said "the kicker portion" making me think a fun box, and you were talking about the kicker part. but ya, sry i cant help ya out about the angles, but good luck, A-Frames are sooo much fun
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok instead of sayin "kicker portion" ... the up slope on both ends ... do u think that isnt as confussing ... I was sayin kicker portion cause u can launch off it and just gap the table top
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, because thats more of what it is, its not really a kicker...sry for that confusion, it was missleading saying kicker portion, when you said A-Frame....sry, continue...
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it as a kicker ... im not talkin bout a knee high up slope im talkin about somethin that u can ride up and launch off of to gap the table top so its gonna be pretty tall
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what you mean, i know what an A-Frame is, and i know you can gap them and do a bunch of stuff, but thats a different kind of launch off of from a kicker, a kicker you launch off, do tricks, inverts, etc, this you can "launch" off and gap the slider, and do grabs and stuff, but then you land on the other side of it
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as long as u get where im comein from here then I guess it doesnt matter what we define as the correct description or term used
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, i definitly get where your coming from, i was just at first confused, and seeing if were thinking of a fun-box instead, but hey, we figured it out...well once again, good luck, if i knew about angles and stuff i would but i dont...try looking at pictures of some A-Frames to get an idea, like the one at TSR or something, that might help
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright I'll check out some pics since it seems as if we are the only 2 that look at this section ... and I dont feel like hearin people bitch at me for postin this question in the general one just to get some my question answered
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, good luck, if you need a pic i know site that has one, if ya need it just PM me or something
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine...
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice slider ... whats the dimensions on that ..... I lookin at buildin one alot taller thought and stationary ... after that I think imma build somethin more along the lines of what u have there
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this is a little more of what he meant:

http://www.texasskiranch.com/cable/h.html

right?
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea thats what im talkin about .... do u think its better to have it symetrical or have it like the one in that pic where u can only hit it from one direction with the down slope less of an angle .... by the way this is gonna be goin in a short private lake that has enough room to do about 10 wake jumps before u gotta turn around
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean symetrical? that slider is awsome like that, i have seen some pretty awsome things done on that exact slider. if your not afraid to try stuff, that slider is great, so mayn things you can do, ya no?
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just sayin the one I had in mind was gonna have the same angle comein on as goin off so it would be the same from both directions ... that one has it flattened out more on the downside not as steep as the upside ... I was just wonderin if it was better to have a directional a-frame with it flattened out more like that rather than havein one that rides the same from both ways
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha.

Anyway, the dimensions are approx 40ft long when the two 1/2's are connected, The base is about 2 & 1/2 ft across, and it's about 2 & 1/2 ft high off the water, an easy ollie.

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo, i dunno, i guess you could do that, then if you hit it from a different direction, it would be different, and sorta like a different slider, that could be cool
pjdave
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is building a proper a frame, make the up ramp 20ft long, the flat 20ft and the down ramp 20ft. You should make the ramps at 20 degress that way you either suck it up to ride the flat or pushoff to gap. Rainbows are good fun aswell but there are alot more tricks that can be done on A frames.
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinkin that 20 degrees was a lil laid out myself ... but havein no experience in this it sounds like a good enough idea ... that would put a 20 foot board at a lil more than 7 foot high for a 20 degree rise if I figured correct right?
wakeup360
Criminal
Criminal

City: new smyrna beach

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

criminally_minded, i dont know about that duck tape on the sides, lol but nice slider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: