Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

How long have ya'll been riding? What tricks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Lady

City: Montgomery, AL

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: How long have ya'll been riding? What tricks? Reply with quote

Cool
Old Lady

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: How long have ya'll been riding? What tricks? Reply with quote

[quote="Old Lady"]Cool
RunningWithScissors
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bolton Landing, New York

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have benn researching wakeboarding for sixth months now and I hope to go out next summer with a new Trip 33.5 and Ions or Systems
www.ebay.com *Also a Place for Good Deals*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess how long you've been riding is kind of relative to how much time you get in within each year. I've been riding for 4 or 5 years now, but haven't gotten any serious time in until last summer & this summer. And this summer is the first behind a boat with a decent wake, no ballast yet but it's in the works (ha ha ha, it's all coming together now Very Happy ).

As far as tricks go, I hadn't really tried any befor this summer. I've learned to surface 180, butterslide & butterslide 180, backslide & I'm almost wake-to-wake. What's better, though, is that I'm learning the correct progressive technique, & I'm getting much better vertical air on my jumps. Before this summer, I would only get maybe 1.5-2 feet to the bottom of my board, whereas this summer I'm hitting 4.5-5 feet of air between the water & bottom of my board. It's such an awesome feeling to hit the wake & have it literally throw you into the air (when you do it right, anyway).

I guess for me, I was just screwing around on a board up until this summer, when I truly learned to wakeboard.
Old Lady

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we did not have a great wake with the mastercraft but I finally learned to clear the wake heelside..This year with the super air all the tanks full just like the guys I have gone wake to wake heelside but I am not completely comfortable with it....I can do the 180 and ride switched until I hit a few wakes and I bite it....
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wakeboarding for about 3-4 summers now, but this is my first year behind a boat with a tower and ballast. I can do pretty basic stuff. HS w2w, butterslide, some grabs. I'm working on my TS w2w and riding switch. I haven't really tried riding switch that much yet though, I have tried some w2w 180s before. I can get the rotation, but I haven't landed one yet.
Old Lady

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My man said I ought to start trying to ride switch more often and get used to it...but its sooooo funky feeling....w2w 180 sounds like it would hurt Embarassed
I get a little height and about half way across TS w2w.....

Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I get a little height and about half way across TS w2w

That's about where I'm at with my toeside - I'm so afraid of the faceplant that I haven't gotten the courage to commit to it yet. HS is a different story.

Your man is right, the more you ride switch the more comfy you'll feel with it. I try to do a little switch riding at the beginning of each run, & the wrong feeling has been getting better.

Ladies, I'm outta here - heading to the lake!
DNichole
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Luis Obispo, CA

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried wakeboarding about 4 years ago after some of the guys talked me into trading in my slalom ski for a board for once... Loved it but never had the time to commit to it until last summer, but a knee injury kept me out... so far this summer haven't had much time to get out on the water Neutral ... last time I was out tho I was landing HS w2w's ... so hopefully once I find a regular pull and some time I can start having some fun Mr. Green

*insert stupid comment here*
Lynsey
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunningWithScissors wrote:
I have benn researching wakeboarding for sixth months now and I hope to go out next summer with a new Trip 33.5 and Ions or Systems

runningwithscissors- what are you waiting for? Get out now while you can. I learned more about wakeboarding by being out on the water and reading message boards and websites, like this one and of course the two mags out there. It's easier to make friends with people once you have your own gear though. I know Girls day out in TX doesn't require that you have your own stuff, but it's a chance to get out on the water w/other girls and learn to ride. I'm hoping to go to GDO this year but we'll see.

Kinky
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Niagara Falls

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started at the end of last season. and been going at it about 2 times a week.

The main reason I am actually getting somewhere with it is this site.
I learn so much that the guys haven't told me or just don't realize that it is important for me to know.

About now, I can cut pretty good, I am maybe 2-3 weeks short of a w2w HS

I think I am progressing well, wouldn't know, no one comments on anything other than a bad crash!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRLS... Wink

drvnmskt

City: Arizona

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitly the new comer to wake boarding! I've had 3 trips out to the lake and on the 3rd trip you can see an inch of light between the board and the water and I end up with a twisted ankle and knee. Give me another week to get better and I'll report back any good news on tricks. Laughing Keep Boarding Girls!!! Twisted Evil
WakeDiva
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Knox, TN

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've grown up on the lake and started riding when i was 9 on sandal bindings and just goofed around for a couple years. Last year i bought a hyperlite and started doing some jumps here and there cuz i had to compete with the boys. I upgraded again this year and now i have my w2w jumps and TS 180 and a few grabs. I've been trying to throw a tantrum, but i might start trying the backroll my next run instead. We all have a bet goin around on who lands their first invert... but yeah i'm always excited to hear about the girl boarders! rock on!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
indywakechica
Addict
Addict

City: Indianapolis

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda in the same boat as Lucy...been doing it for 3 years or so but this is the first season where I'm getting any time in. Now for the most part get weekends in and started going with some guys from work on Thursdays. Can't do much yet...been working mostly on edging well and properly, riding switch, and surface stuff. I can pull off surface 180 and working on butterslides. Impressive stuff eh? Smile I'm determined and love it so hopefully soon I can come in here and talk about tricks that really are impressive.
WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2003 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started riding last july and got hooked like ya wouldn't believe, i'm w2w both sides with some grabs and now i've almost got my ts and hs 3's and i'm trying a tantrum and a backroll, hopefully they'll be solid before the weather gets bad Very Happy
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Texas

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2003 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my 4th year to ride. The 2nd year was mostly boat driving -(ankle injury) Clean wake to wake 180s are my fav. I love just floating them huge.....and I'm still trying to make the handle pass on the 360, I can do them wrapped, but it seems kinda like cheating and wrapped it sloppy.....According to my riding buddies this has been my clean up year......making what little I do consistant and smooth Laughing
wAkeAnGeLj9
Criminal
Criminal

City: cHicAgo

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my 3rd summer riding... but first year behind a true wakeboat. i'm pretty much in the same boat as Lucy (no pun intended... ok, well maybe a little intended Laughing ). at the end of last year is when i finally started actually getting some real air... definitely improving on the air awareness up there. i can do the butterslides and lip slides. i have the HS w2w down and am working on the TS this season. i'd like to get the HS w2w 180 and a backside 180 as well this year. other than that, just throwing some grabs, really. i tried some inverts at the end of last season to keep up with the boys but really had no idea what i was doing so as they throw them this year, i will try to learn more off of them. mags and forums can only get you so far. you definitely learn a lot more riding with people who push you to do better! keep riding hard, girlies! Wink
silver girl
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: England

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my sencond summer
not put in any serious time, im doin sufrace 180s+ jumps

katelin

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really my first season because last season I only got one tow. I can now get air off the wake and do surface 180s and I'm workin on my 180s off the wake.
lil shredder

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been wanting to go wakeboarding for like the past year, but havent had a board or pull...until today, and i got up on my 3rd try!! i cant do anything cool yet but i think gettin up was enough for me this time! i was trying to ollie...but wasnt gettin any air haha...so ill have to work on that next time! oh yea and i got a question for ya all....is it better to have ur knees really bent or more straightened??? cuz i feel more comfortable with my knees really bent...but the guys i was with were making fun of me haha!!!
keep rippin it up ladies!

kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbie here too..... I'm interested in the knee question too. When I see myself in pic's my knees are really bent and I'm hunkered (is that a word?) down really low. Last time out tried to stand up more, but I definitely felt out of control. Any suggestions?
wAkeAnGeLj9
Criminal
Criminal

City: cHicAgo

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more you stand up, the less control you'll have. you need your knees comfortably bent to absorb any bumps in the water. make sure you're not bending over at the waist all "prison-b#&ch" stylie either... Very Happy watch the pros for some guidance... they all have different riding styles. just try different things until you find what's comfortable for you!
Tigerblp
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Winter Park (Orlando)

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been riding for a year and a half now... I just really got into it around November or so. I decided I really wanted to commit and make this something that I could succeed at. I didn't land my first w2w until april, but since then, I've learned all 4 180s, powerslide, butterslide, bs butterslide... all with 180s out of them too. I'm working on all my grabs right now, and trying 3s off the kicker.
Balance 360
CollegeWakeboard.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wakebordchick

City: wisconsin rapids, wisconsin

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started wakeboarding this year.. all i can do is jump the wake though.. i cant even get to the second wake... ive been trying to do a surface 180, but cant do it, any tips on how to do this? I also tried to just put my left foot forward as im getting up(normally i ride with my right foot forward) but that didnt work either. What are some other easy tricks i might be able to try and could u please explain how to do them? if you want to e-mail me at ashjen88@hotmail.com.. thanks... ne help is appreciated Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: