Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ollie on wakeskate...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Ollie on wakeskate... Reply with quote

Whats the trick to it? i try but i barely get the board off the water. What i do is push down on my back leg and sorta just lift up. Should i push down harder or faster? and pull up more, should i bring my back leg up with the board? thanx
skobi1

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2003 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now dont take my word as gospel but what works for me is pushing down on the back foot first then lifting both feet bringing my knees up toward my chest, my front foot of course is a little higher than my rear. the weirdest thing is just trusting that the board will follow your feet. hope this helps.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking ollie out in the flats or getting air off the wake ollie?
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ollie on surface (i ride cable, sry should have mentioned that)
thanx skobi1, ill try that, mayb eit could work for me too
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and have more weight forward so u don't slip off
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all the mechanics of a skateboard ollie won't transfer over but some of 'em will. Skobi was right on when he said suck your knees to your chest, the board can only go as high as you lift your legs. However, the pop & drag method probably won't work. Surfers are able to do ollies by popping the tail really hard & just allowing forward momentum to level out the board. Give it a shot, let us know how it goes.
Sean_Brinston
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Alliston Ontario

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the weight on your rear foot when you are going up and then put a litle bit more weight on the front then the rear when your coming down, works for me.
oO-XLW4K3-Oo
Criminal
Criminal

City: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Wakeskating is cool.. Rolling Eyes This summer i have to try it Wink

Dave Barousse
Addict
Addict

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Jan 20, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a wakeskate, I don't try to snap the tail like I do to ollie on a skateboard. I try to push the tail into the water then jump up. On a skateboard you want to quickly snap the tail down. This obviously won't work on a wakeskate, so you have to use the water to create lift. The harder I push down on the tail, the higher I can ollie. It is a very quick motion and will take some practice to get it down and to stay in cotronl. Before you know it, you'll ollie over everything in your path.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
JC.

City: UK

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crouch down and then jump up off my back foot and push my front foot forward once I am in the air. Another good tip that helps me, is to cut out hard and pop it when you have built up some speed. At speed the water surface is firmer underneath and so your ollie will have more pop. I see people try ut at the normal boat speed and struggle to get decent air
Cool
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, thanx for all the advice, i got my ollies a tiny bit better, and yesterday i learned ollie 180's, there small, but im working on getting them bigger, thanx Very Happy
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok im back, and i need more advice, today i got my ollies a little better, i think they might even be a little bigger, and that im getting the whole board off the water, sometimes when i ollie though, my back foot kinda of lifts up, and isnt on the board, its jsut in the air while i ollie, but my front foot stays on the board, is this normal, or should my foot stay planted on the board the whole time?
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make like the skateboard ollie & drag that front foot.
Matty C

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way i ollie is to push my front foot down first, then almost at the same time i shift my weight to my back foot and explode off the water. when you push down in the front first wou give the board momentum. try that out a few times and see if that doesnt help.
BlindSide
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: a house, texas, wakeboarding in the Gulf

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds all good to me, i need to work on my ollies to! Sad
projectely4
Addict
Addict

City: Bradenton, Florida

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen some sequences of the pros and it looks like they push hard on the tail so the nose is high out of the water and the board gets back to water level and pops at the same time. it probably sounds stupid because it is hard to explain. it would be easy to explain if you had the picture in front of you.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for all the help everyone, its helped, i have gottin my ollies better, i can even do ollie 180's now, my 180's arnt as big as my regular ollies, but atleast i can do them thanx for the help Very Happy
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What always helps w/ my ollies is when I have to jump over something like a barrel. Anyhoo...

There are two variations I'm hearing on how to do an ollie. Dave Barousse, do you have a really good explanation for us yet Smile. Just wondering when you are going to get an ollie in the trick tip like you mentioned in your wakeskate post =P

http://www.wakeskating.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=740&t=740

or are you waiting for the SNAP instructional like I am to clarify things? Smile

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dave Barousse
Addict
Addict

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Apr 03, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...I'm not waiting for SNAP, I just need some time to do it and for the weather to cooperate. It got down to almost the 30's again last weekend and there wasn't much sun. When we finally get a nice weekend to do some filming, I'll get it on the site.

Read my post up higher in this thread. That is how I ollie and is the best way that I can explain it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sean_Brinston
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Alliston Ontario

PostPosted: Apr 03, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SBC Wakeboard parks says that he puts the weight on his back leg and it creates a ramp in the water, then he sucks his knees up and liftoff.
DockSecret
Addict
Addict

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Apr 03, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, hope you get some nice weather soon Dave.

I wonder how that 15 yr old wakeskater does it, supposedly I hear he does his kick flips more like a skateboarder, so I wonder if his ollies are anything more like a skateboarder too.

www.texasskiranch.com

PS - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q & R were eliminated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 03, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, i was looking at how he did the kickflips in the new wakeboarding mag, it looks like he does it like on a skateboard, he drags his foot up, and kicks out like on a skateboard, but hey, what ever works for him must be doing good, he looks like he is awsome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: