Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2003 Split or Spin Bindings/ Hyperlite?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunningWithScissors
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bolton Landing, New York

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: 2003 Split or Spin Bindings/ Hyperlite? Reply with quote

Which do you think is better?
www.ebay.com *Also a Place for Good Deals*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not knocking your two choices here, but both of these bindings are on the lower spectrum of Hyperlite's line of bindings. If you are really commited to wakeboarding, I would reccomend (sp?) spending the money and getting a pair of middle-high end bindings, something like Nice Truth, CWB Torq, HL 3060, LF Ultra, O'Brien Ion. The spin and split bindings are adjustable for many different foot sizes and probably won't fit your foot well, which could lead to ankle problems down the road. I know this because I've experienced it. The first few years I rode with bindings that didn't fit and kept spraining my ankles, now they are messed up good.
But if those are your only two options, I think I would go with the spin bindings, they are the higher end of the two.
Like I said, I don't want to rain on your wakefest, I just don't want you to get the bindings then not like them or get hurt in them.
Later

pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually the splits are the more "high end" binding.
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at & demo'd both of them & yeah, the Splits are a little higher end. They have a few more adjustments to them (which would be nice) & they're quite a bit stiffer, which I didn't like at all, so I went with the Spins. I'm a bit of an oddball - I like the softer give that the Spins have, plus when I fall, I almost always come out of them. Some may not think this is a good thing, but IMHO I think you're actually less likely to twist a knee or ankle with this setup if you're feet can release. It works for me, but most people seem to like a much firmer boot that locks you into them, & the Split would be a lot closer to that.
wakechick101

City: Alberta

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ya i have spin and they are the better ones cause they were made after the spilt... but i luv the spin bindings they are very comfertable i would recomend them to anyone!! Colorful
WakeOnTheLake

City: Southern Cali

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have the spins. They're really comfy and you can get in and out really easy. Although i do find the little button pull thingy that releases the ties is a little tough to undo at times. but they come off, other then that i havn't had any problems, yeah I'd recomend them, they're just comfy and are great. for me atleast! Very Happy i'd reccomend them! all my friends love my bindings sooo... yeeeah! Cool
Erin

City: Watford City, ND

PostPosted: Jul 15, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my splits better than my old spins b/c i have small feet and i can adjust them more than the spins....i also like the more support the splits have unlike the softer spins
Old Lady

City: Montgomery, AL

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the spins to....they are right alot easier to get in...The splits came up to high on the back of my calf muscle.....very uncomfortable Sad ......
Ryde_Like_A_Gurl

City: Saskatoon, Canada

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Split binding much better when chosing between those two. Tho I have ta say the 2004's arn't as good the 2003's, the 2003's were much better, the 2004's only start lacin up half the way and velcrow on the toes only have alot shorter life span. Especially if multiple riders will be using them that means at least twice the wear if not more. And whats with the black and red, I liked the blue and orange better. Tho the new ones have a litte shorter back to em than last yrs. That may help the calf muscle issue. But all in all there's better adjustable bindings out there than these two. Wink
kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't recommend the CWB Torks. Finance has them and he isn't happy. Landed on a w2w...not too hard, average landing and totally blew out the side. Outer part of the binding ripped all the way down right where the stitching is for the eyelets and the lacing. Just bought them in April....hadn't even used them 10 times. CWB replaced the outer shell (under warranty). But now he doesn't trust the design. Now uses his old tried and true Nice Scarecrow bindings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: