Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

girls and 3s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Texas

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: girls and 3s Reply with quote

I'm having a hella time and have been for over a year making a clean handle pass on a 360. Not having man-long ape arms is a real disadvantage......I can feel the handle but cant hang on to it or get a good grip on it - then it pops.... I know that 3s are hard for everyone, but I think having short arms makes the pass tough ...... am I the only one? Shocked
Kinky
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Niagara Falls

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the same problem... try setting up with the handle behind you already(hold the small grip with one hand and use the other to hold the handle.

Unless you really want to do the handle pass, this is the easier way.

I am still a newbee but I ride with some really good riders. You may have already done this, Embarassed who knows. Rolling Eyes

NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riverfreak, Your arms don't have as much mobility when you're bent over at the waist, so it probably seems like they're too short. Try and keep your head up, looking for the boat during the whole rotation, don't look down. That way, you'll stay upright and the handle pass will happen.
Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a curved handle which makes passing easier. Also I try and suck my knees up and pass the handle more behind my butt than my waist. I think this looks way more like a skate inspired trick that way too.
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zara you do the oppisite of what you are suppost do you have allot more mobility when you pass it up higher on your back....
heartofbullets
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: FL

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to pull the handle to you while in the air so you'll have more slack in the rope to make the pass.
Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRAGON88 wrote:
zara you do the oppisite of what you are suppost do you have allot more mobility when you pass it up higher on your back....

I don't find it any more difficult to pass the handle lower to be honest and besides I'd rather take the extra time and learn how to do a trick with a little more style than which ever way is percieved to be easier. I think you'd agree that everyone has to find their own way to ride and learn tricks because there's no magic answer that will work for everyone.
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that I had the most trouble with on a 360 was waiting for the pop before I started spinning. I would start right off the wake and couldn't finish the rotation. One good thing to do is conciously (sp) think about coming off the wake, pausing, then pulling the handle. Once I got that dialed, I had the three. Also, pass the handle to get the spin, don't spin for the handle, you'll lose it most of the time. Pulling the handle towards you is what starts the spin, passing the handle is what finishes it. If you don't get the handle you should land with your back to the boat, not spinning. Don't throw your shoulders and head around, let it happen.
Ok, that's about all the advice I have now, I fought with a 360 for years before I got it, then lost it, now have it back.
Oh yeah, keep your head up and look for the boat, specifically the tower, you can't see the tower if you are bent over.
Later

flwake98

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think having shorter arms should be a problem when trying 3s, unless you are disproportional or something. not getting the handle is just a matter of having your back hand extended too far from your body. if you wait long enough off the wake to start the spin and pull the handle hard enough, the rope kind of just falls into your hand. the most important thing to remember is pop, wait, and pull. don't think about spinning. that will just come naturally after the pull, and as long as you are not pulling the handle right off the wake you should be able to stay on axis no matter how hard you yank the handle, so pull it as hard as you can, and then reach around to the handle and get it in your other (front) hand before you let the handle go with your back (first) hand. i guess that probably makes no sense when you read it, but i hope it helps. the handle pass is definitely the hardest part about 3s, so once you get it down, you should be able to do them. with all the really good advice everyone has given, i know you will get it soon! good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: