Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Getting back to riding after 8 years away. Need a new board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkuwake

City: Bowling Green

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Getting back to riding after 8 years away. Need a new board. Reply with quote

There are so many new companies that I am unfamiliar with and boards are now designed for boat, hybrid, park, have different amounts of flex and well its all a bit overwhelming having been disconnected from the sport for 8 years.

My last board was a 2008 Hyperlite Marek with 2008 Liquid Force Watson Bindings. Before that I had the hyperlite premier boards (Harf pro model) and I think I ran hyperlite bindings too. Many boards before that all the way back to the baby blue Byerly 69 board - I started riding right when wakeboarding came about.

The Marek/Watson combo is by far the favorite setup I ever had. I am built physically similar to Malinowski being average height and very strong and muscular. I like to ride big and out in the flats. I never learned any mobes but I was able to do pretty much all the basic inverts and land them to switch as well as frontside 3's and 5's from both sides. Most of that should come back quickly. I will be riding behind a boat exclusively.

I know that companies come and go and quality of different brands and their innovations comes and goes.

I have ridden a Ronix One and liked it but I broke that board when I just borrowed it for a couple sets. Friends have had so many Ronix boards and bindings break that many of them have sworn off the brand.

So I am looking at the new 2017 Nova Marek, 2017 Slingshot Pill. I would also like some boards from Liquid Force, Humanoid, Byerly or other brands you feel I might like.

Also binding recommendations - I really liked the 2008 Watson boots I had and they held up well.

Thanks in advance for your help.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: