Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Trump Wins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Trump Wins Reply with quote

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God help us.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
God help us.

He did last night.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly. I think Trump is going to be controlled by the elite before we know it, just like the rest of them. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt he will affect much change that steers us back to a Constitutional Republic. It will just be more of the same, teedering us back a little right of center, until the next guy comes in.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Nov 14, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TnR6Rida wrote:
Okie Boarder wrote:
God help us.

He did last night.

I think that God has a sick sense of humor.

Okie is likely correct. I expect some changes, mostly slightly right of center. Dodd-Frank will be gutted. The ACA will be changed a little (but not a ton, as they will realize there are too many things have been changed for the better and will be costly to unwind). Keystone XL will be approved. Expect some other random pet projects to be moved up and passed.

This is all fine and well. The bigger problem I have is how we explain to our children (and the rest of the world) why we elected an outspoken misogynist/bigot/bully to the highest elected office on the planet. I mean we elected freaking Biff Tanner to the presidency.

There was another choice. If the evangelical disaffected white republican Jesus loving morons (and yes, they are dumb as entire dump trucks full of rocks) actually voted their conscience we would be looking at Johnson/Weld. Exactly what part of Christian values does Trump represent? The ones where it's ok to cheat on wives? The ones where we brag about attempting to cheat on our wives and sexually assaulting women? The ones where we stiff contractors who have completed work? The ones where we talk sh*t about how women who oppose our views look? This list could keep going a while. These people are beyond hypocritical - I think more like reprehensible.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 14, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rationalization I've seen from Christian family and friends has blown my mind. They couldn't get behind Johnson because he doesn't embody Christian ideals. Well, first of all, neither does Trump and I doubt he has had some glorious change of heart like is being claimed. Secondly, we don't want a President that pushes for that sort of thing since it goes directly against what the 1st Amendment is all about.

Trump is surrounding himself with establishment right wingers already...I'm sure what I said above will hold true.

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 14, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder, doesn't embody Christian ideals? Was it his sticky icky use? Or the fact that he had zero interest in dictating someone's social behavior? Either way, complete garbage. Hmm, smoking da weed or not interfering in other's private lives vs. sexually assaulting women and adultery... hmmm which is worse. F.F.S.

And I agree about his running right back to the establishment. His choice of Rhince (sp?) Preibus as Chief of Staff speaks volumes about where his admin is going. Gonna be the same old stuff.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 14, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Okie Boarder, doesn't embody Christian ideals? Was it his sticky icky use? Or the fact that he had zero interest in dictating someone's social behavior? Either way, complete garbage. Hmm, smoking da weed or not interfering in other's private lives vs. sexually assaulting women and adultery... hmmm which is worse. F.F.S.

That was a couple of the reasons I heard. Also his stance on gay marriage, the Allepo gaffe and the whole interview where he stuck his tongue out while speaking not being professional and "Presidential".

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2016 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on who he's picking to be in his cabinet, we are screwed. He's already put in a right wing nut job AND a GOP die hard. Anyone that voted for him should be ticked. They got duped by an orange ompaloompa.

I think the Libertarian ticket should have been Weld / Johnson. Weld was much better spoken, even if Johnson had better ideas. Ron Paul had amazing ideas to try, however, he couldn't communicate them in a concise way. Granted, his ideas were big and detailed, and really couldn't be cut down to a sound back.

I hope congress grows a backbone and actually does their JOB. They could have worked with Obama and done some good things. They have the opportunity to reign in the over reach of presidential power (executive orders) and get things going again in this country. Get rid of Dodd Frank and put Glass - Steigle back in place.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofyboy wrote:
Based on who he's picking to be in his cabinet, we are screwed.

yup. dude railed against the establishment his whole campaign, and now he's loading up his cabinet w/ old guard reps, and trying to get his family in there too. scary to think of giuliani as sec of state. kind of funny to see christie get used and dumped after the election though.

one of the only things about a 2 party system that works is the fact that it doesn't work. balance keeps us from going too far right or left, both of which are terrible options. having so much power on one side of the aisle will be terrible for the country, especially w/ the supreme court appointments looming.

my guess is that this is a 4yr presidency that goes pretty badly, the dems get their shlt together in win in 2020. of course, i'd bet that's what the republicans thought in 2008 too.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my first thought when I heard Preibus for his Chief of Staff. "we are anti-establishment" and "drain the swamp" - then he picks the most establishment person (aka the swamp monster) he could find to run his office. Farking brilliant. Hearing about possible positions for Rudy, Newt, BANNON!?!?!?! are making me sick to my stomach:

* While Rudy may have prosecutorial experience, he is a POLITICIAN first and shouldn't get within 1000 yards of the AG job. Or dog forbid, SoS - talk about a completely unqualified person for that job.

* Newt, while intelligent in his own right, is also a POLITICIAN first and should be nowhere near the SoS job. They'd be way better off picking Bolton who has, gee, I dunno, actual diplomatic experience dealing with foreign heads of state.

* Bannon has to go. He is fine and dandy for a campaign (especially one that deals in complete lies and fabrications, as that is kind of his wheelhouse), but his work at Breitbart should be an immediate disqualifier.

Quote:
I think the Libertarian ticket should have been Weld / Johnson.

Agreed. Weld has a much better delivery, and *appears* knowledgeable (because he is, but as this election has shown us, it's about appearances). I highly doubt he would have made the Aleppo gaffe, among others.

Beyond all that:

* The Repubs are going to find out extremely quickly that wholly repealing ACA is not going to happen. Trump "likes" the age 26 thing and more importantly, no rejections for pre-existing conditions, but hates the mandate. Well, I've got news for ya Donny boy, you cannot have one without the other or people will wait until they are sick then sign up, which will collapse the system. Also, the idea of buying insurance across state lines makes for a fun sound bite, but it is 100% unworkable. Health insurance company regulation is a state level issue. We have 50+ Insurance commissioners, with 50+ sets of their own Insurance laws. Good luck straightening all that out there Donald.

* Dodd-Frank is an easy whipping boy and deservedly so. Much of it can actually be killed off via EO - the SEC and DOL and HUD can remove many "rules" that were created at the direction of Dodd-Frank. So much of that act was basically dropped on to the individual departments to create new "rules".

* I only really look forward to one part of his tax plan. That is the child care tax credit expansion. Right now, we spend close to $15,000 a year in dependent child care. We only get to write off a smallish portion of that, something like $3,000. I cannot stress how helpful writing off that other $12,000 would be.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/trump-names-neocon-as-senior-adviser-on-national-security
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: