Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

I need help, fairly new

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy.L.T.

PostPosted: May 26, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: I need help, fairly new Reply with quote

I've been wakeboarding for a few years now but not as often as i'd like. I need help with cutting and getting air, all i've been able to do is maybe 1-2' of air off the wake, I don't think I'm doing it right really. Even then my landings a little iffy, but i know how to land. I'm being pulled behind an old Manta Ray thats about 15 years old or older, but i usually have access to a remotely new Cobra, either way the wakes not that great.

If you have any advice let me know, or questions to help with advice, i need help otherwise i'll never be able to progress, I'm the first person in my family to wakeboard so i know more about it than everyone else and we don't really know anyone else that does.
MJade

City: Eugene

PostPosted: May 26, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i was just like you a year ago or two. Then i found and instructor in my area who taught me the right way. Make sure you cut as hard as you can up through the wake. But you want a progressive edge. Meaning as you carve out away from the boat and then cut back in don't immediately cut as hard as you can. Slowly let the boat pull you and then progressively make your back edge harder and then you should be cutting your hardest when your at the wake and keep your rope tension. Also make sure you are pretty even on your board just like standing. Don't want to be back on your back foot or on your front too much. Hope that helps. I know that sounds like a lot of info and it might be a little confusing. Remember though go as hard as you can at the wake. Don't let off at the end. Thats what most end up doing. Hope that helps and goodluck. Let me know how that works out for ya.
Amy.L.T.

PostPosted: May 27, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and thats not as confusing as i thought it would be. I apppreciate the help.
Maude Haleigh

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJade wrote:
Hey i was just like you a year ago or two. Then i found and instructor in my area who taught me the right way. Make sure you cut as hard as you can up through the wake. But you want a progressive edge. Meaning as you carve out away from the boat and then cut back in don't immediately cut as hard as you can. Slowly let the boat pull you and then progressively make your back edge harder and then you should be cutting your hardest when your at the wake and keep your rope tension. Also make sure you are pretty even on your board just like standing. Don't want to be back on your back foot or on your front too much. Hope that helps. I know that sounds like a lot of info and it might be a little confusing. Remember though go as hard as you can at the wake. Don't let off at the end. Thats what most end up doing. Hope that helps and goodluck. Let me know how that works out for ya.

Hi there. I started wakeboarding and found it really fun. Just to raise a question, how much does an instructor charge for a newbie? Does it depends on the area?
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your area. But with boat time/gas/instructor anywhere from $75-$150 per hour. Here in Texas I believe the rate is $125 per hour. Everything included. Gear, boat, gas and instructor.

you might be able to get lessons cheaper at a cable park. so if you have a cable park in your area contact them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: