Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Old Super Air Nautique - Surfable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmaytee
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Old Super Air Nautique - Surfable? Reply with quote

I am close to picking up a pristine 2000 SAN this weekend. I have wakeboarded behind one many times in the past and loved it. This was back before surfing was a thing. I have searched and couldn't find much, other than one place said it is tough to surf behind the left, port, passenger side.

Now that here are new options such as the eight.3 shaper and similar devices, I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get s good port wave? I'm getting older and fatter and can't wakeboard as long as I once did, and would like to surf about as min as I love to wakeboard.
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2000 SAN and we can surf the port side ropeless. I have not tried the other side because I dont care too much for surfing, and most of our crew ride regular. I had about 400lbs sac in the port locker, 400lbs sac on the port seat, and 540lbs sac in the ski locker. Also, about 5 people. The wave wasnt great, but check planetnautique.com. There will be plenty of threads on there about how to set up for surfing.
rmaytee
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man. I have seen a few posts on there about it. They all seem to be old posts though. Was hoping people had some experience with a surf device.
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw that you replied. I did a quick search on PN. Here is one that came up. It has some good info. I will keep looking and post if I find anything else.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/general-nautique-discussion/468920-2000-san-ghetto-gate-build-testing
Bizzerker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita

PostPosted: May 24, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing up old business, but I just installed the velcro for a eight.3 shaper on my 2002 SAN...just haven't got to get it on the water yet (and I won't be taking it out for memorial day either). As soon as I get some pics, I'll get them up here and put out an update. As far as trying to surf at the very end of last season...well, I tried it evenly weighted (I think 550 on both rear lockers, and 400 in the ski locker) and had about 6 people in the boat...and my wife doesn't quite have the driving down yet - but I wasn't quite able to let go of the rope...not for lack of wave height, but because of the shape. It was almost straight up, and the best sweet spot I found was with the tip of the board almost on top of the platform. I'm hoping the shaper elongates and smooths the shape.

Again, sorry, but I'm interested in what other people are doing, and I'm hoping I can get it dialed in soon.

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: May 24, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you tried surfing without listing the boat and/or using one of those shaperthingies?
I'm not surprised that did not work.
Looking forward to seeing how the 8.3 works.

vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: May 25, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off topic. A friend of mine bought a skateboard ramp off of amazon http://amzn.to/1rbMElC and industrial velcro and stuck it to the side of the boat and it worked like a champ.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you kidding? Vette74 that actually worked?

you Aggies are some creative engineers.. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he said it was hard to turn at slow speed the opposite side of the ramp but other than that worked good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: