Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

okie boarder's house
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we've made some good progress the last couple weeks. The cabinets are all finished and painted, along with hardware, other than doors that are still being made. We have the shower tile close to being done and should have it completed by this coming weekend. Granite started getting installed today and now the push is on to get the house functional so we can go ahead and move in. Hopefully, we will be functional by the end of this week.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plumbing is almost done, HVAC is being installed as we speak and a couple small items are being completed by my contractor that were his responsibility. We'll still have a lot of finish work to do, but the house should be livable and move in ready today or tomorrow...pretty exciting!

ohsix
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of shower enclosures will you be using? Looks like the toilet and sink would block a door from opening.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very similar to the one in this link. The doors actually slide, so it doesn't have any interference issues with the close quarters of those small bathrooms.

http://www.signaturehardware.com/torres-corner-double-door-shower-enclosure.html

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we got moved in this weekend, so now any finish work left to do is able to just be done while we're at home. We still have a lot of work to do to get settled and finish everything, but at least we're out there.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've made some good progress on interior trim this week and we're loving how it looks.

]

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd update since it's been a little while. We've been working on getting several items finished and trying to get more organized. We got the enclosures on the small showers, finished the master shower cubbies, did some additional grading/drainage work, shelves and workbench in the garage, been mowing certain areas to help us decide what we want to keep short, and planted a couple apple trees. We've been really enjoying the quiet, country life, sitting on the patio or porch enjoying nature and watching deer walk right up to the back of our cleared area around the house. We've actually had a mama and small fawn visit several times now.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've definitely been making more progress getting ourselves settled in. We've planted a few things in the front planter to have it looking a little more finished. We've also started on getting curtain rods and curtains in place. We decided we wanted to throw a little bit of that steampunk look by using the black pipe for curtain rods. My wife has the curtain fabric cut and we actually hung one yesterday to see how it would look. She still needs to sew them up and add the room darkening backer. We also got the wood stove installed, so we are all ready for winter. Little by little, we're getting more done.

]

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that ugly pole on your roof RF internet? If yes, how well does it work?

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, yes...wireless point to point. It works fine for us, but we're not real high bandwidth users. A coworker is on the same system and does some video streaming and says that sometimes it can be a little slow.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we've slowly been making progress on punch list items, along with some other side projects. A few updated pics...

Our youngest decided he wanted to take one of the cedar trees that was in a large brush pile and strip it down to make a post for hanging bird feeders, etc. We are starting to add some "branches" made from rebar to allow for hanging.

We decided to build a little reclaimed wood bench for the end of our bed, along with a coat hanger for the hallway in the laundry / mudroom.

We've been able to use the wood stove quite a few times now and just loving the way it warms the house. It is doing quite well at getting the main part of the house and even down the hallways quite warm.

We've also been able to get more finish dirt work done to get several areas contoured and smoothed more like we wanted.

Our youngest got a deer, so we were able to put some meat in the freezer. We also went in on a partial cow with some friends, from a local rancher. Grass fed, minimal grain finishing with no corn...very good stuff. We've got quite a bit of meat between the two.

We finally were able to get our oven installed, as well.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 06, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've also updated the Google satellite view so it actually shows our house on the property now.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been making more progress on interior finishing touches. We got the pantry door built and installed, the dining table light setup built and installed, and did the final trim on the vent hood. It's been very enjoyable doing these items on our own, with our personal touch and look.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, thought I would do some updating on here since it's been a little while. We've been working on a lot of little things that are hard to see in pictures, but slowly making progress on a variety of items for finishing and settling in. In addition, we've done quite a bit on getting the garden area going, as well as trimming and cleaning some of the wooded areas right behind the garage.

Got this shot of a beautiful sunrise yesterday morning on my way into work. This is about 10 miles from our house where I get on the interstate.

Finally got a chance to burn. This was two of the 3 piles we had from all the cleanup we've been doing.

Got some sod put in on this slope...we were having too much washout and erosion, so needed to do something about it.

I managed to get my wife to actually operate a tractor. Of course her buddy had to join her...he was going nuts until we let him get up there with her.

Seedlings are doing well for the garden. I planted 60 tomato plants.

Garden area is shaping up...got all the good soil tilled in and getting ready to plant the warm weather crops in the next couple weeks. You can also see our ever growing stockpile of firewood and the composting area in this pic.

Lots of beautiful redbuds on the property, along with natural wildflowers and wild plums.

Getting the taters started.

Initial spread of the good soil.

Got some chicken manure from our friends, for the compost. I never thought I'd be so excited about chicken poop....lol

This was the soil I had delivered to till in. 5 year old horse manure compost...very good dirt.

It was quite a load...15 yards.

The beginnings of our composting area. I'm planning to have 3 bins like this, all together.

Spring has sprung...actually got some decent results from the bulbs we planted in the fall.

The never ending wood pile and stacking effort...LOL. We've managed to find a really good source for wood through our younger son's friend. His dad has several different properties within 15 miles of us that has runs cattle on. He is constantly having areas cleared for more pasture, so we has piles of pushed over trees all over for us to cut. He has all kinds of walnut, pecan and oak.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like photobucket came back to life. Wild looking through this thread and some of the old pics. It's hard to believe we've been in the house for three years now. I'll have to post up some new pics.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy reading through this thread after several years. 7 years in the house now come July. I chuckled when I saw my comment about using the 3rd bay of the garage as a shop. I've definitely done that and have it set up fairly well as a wood shop now. I've been primarily doing cutting boards and similar items regularly for the last year or so, along with other projects along the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Add To Favorites

Jump to: