Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Yes means Yes.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Yes means Yes. Reply with quote

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/09/29/california-leads-rape-culture-means-law.html

Quote:
An affirmative consent standard in the determination of whether consent was given by both parties to sexual activity. “Affirmative consent” means affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity. It is the responsibility of each person involved in the sexual activity to ensure that he or she has the affirmative consent of the other or others to engage in the sexual activity. Lack of protest or resistance does not mean consent, nor does silence mean consent. Affirmative consent must be ongoing throughout a sexual activity and can be revoked at any time. The existence of a dating relationship between the persons involved, or the fact of past sexual relations between them, should never by itself be assumed to be an indicator of consent.

specifically,

Quote:
Affirmative consent must be ongoing throughout a sexual activity and can be revoked at any time.

Glad I am not in the dating pool, but am scared for my son. So tragic that it has to come to this. How many yes's are enough.

Really reminds me of the Sexual Harrassment orientation they gave us back in the 90's at the start of freshman year.

Trainer: It is strictly forbidden to create a "hostile environment" violation will result in expulsion.

eeven73: Well, what constitutes a "hostile environment"? How can I avoid said situation?

Trainer: That is defined by the victim.

eeven73: Shocked Confused Confused

ohsix

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just teach your son to keep his consent forms next to the condoms.
eeven73

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No stuff. Guess its a good thing cameras are so prevelent. Filming will be advisable.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to Napa in a few weeks with the wife. Does this apply to us? i know filming is not allowed, I've asked, so I guess I'll just keep stopping and asking. Women love it when they are close and you stop. Very Happy Very Happy
Tracktor
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Yes means Yes. Reply with quote

eeven73 wrote:
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/09/29/california-leads-rape-culture-means-law.html

Quote:
An affirmative consent standard in the determination of whether consent was given by both parties to sexual activity. “Affirmative consent” means affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in sexual activity. It is the responsibility of each person involved in the sexual activity to ensure that he or she has the affirmative consent of the other or others to engage in the sexual activity. Lack of protest or resistance does not mean consent, nor does silence mean consent. Affirmative consent must be ongoing throughout a sexual activity and can be revoked at any time. The existence of a dating relationship between the persons involved, or the fact of past sexual relations between them, should never by itself be assumed to be an indicator of consent.

specifically,

Quote:
Affirmative consent must be ongoing throughout a sexual activity and can be revoked at any time.

Glad I am not in the dating pool, but am scared for my son. So tragic that it has to come to this. How many yes's are enough.

Really reminds me of the Sexual Harrassment orientation they gave us back in the 90's at the start of freshman year.

Trainer: It is strictly forbidden to create a "hostile environment" violation will result in expulsion.

eeven73: Well, what constitutes a "hostile environment"? How can I avoid said situation?

Trainer: That is defined by the victim.

eeven73: Shocked Confused Confused

We have had that training at work also. My question was doesn't having an ambiguous definition create a hostile work environment in and of itself?........
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're on record with HR now.
Tracktor
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofyboy wrote:
you're on record with HR now.

Which creates a hostile work environment! I am filing a complaint with HR......
nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as long as she is screaming "yes, YES, YES". No problem...

In all seriousness, if a male always have a sex on your back. Would be a fair argument that she could have jumped off any time she felt like it.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509037985&ref=profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LFADAM

City: New York City

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question: In the eyes of the law, how can it be that if you are drunk and you consent, it doesn't count as consent because you aren't in a fully-conscious state of mind... but if you get drunk and drive a car, you are absolutely responsible for any actions you take?

"But officer, I was drunk! I blacked out at the party and next thing I know I woke up in my car wrapped around a telephone pole. I don't even remember it! Can I go home now?" Neutral
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In all seriousness, if a male always have a sex on your back. Would be a fair argument that she could have jumped off any time she felt like it.

Hmmmmm, good thought.

Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nmballa - Ehh... I wouldn't say that's a fool proof plan. I'm sure a good lawyer would tear that claim apart.

This is such a slippery slope. Make them sign a consent form? Video tape the agreement? I dunno.. now I'm not sure even THAT would work because according to what was posted, at any point, consent can change. So then agreeing in the beginning, but saying 'no' halfway through, means stop immediately. Rolling Eyes
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aubs wrote:
Videotape the agreement

Since the agreement is ongoing, I think we may have something here....

"Its for both of our protection!"

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Aubs"]nmballa - Ehh... I wouldn't say that's a fool proof plan. I'm sure a good lawyer would tear that claim apart.

This is such a slippery slope. Make them sign a consent form? Video tape the agreement? I dunno.. now I'm not sure even THAT would work because according to what was posted, at any point, consent can change. So then agreeing in the beginning, but saying 'no' halfway through, means stop immediately. Rolling Eyes[/quote

If someone says no half way through. You suck bad. Unless you are trying to go "there" then I hear No all the time.

eeven73

PostPosted: Oct 13, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ you not only suck in bed, your gonna be sucking the D in prison. which is kinda crazy.
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO vette74
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: