Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Official 2014 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you guys see the video? rr stands there after he hits her, and it's like he's just thinking "oh man. what do i do now?" and then trying to drag her out of the elevator and wake her up. it's crazy. and what's even crazier is the chick decided to marry him after all this. what. the. f?
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see it, multiple times... It's about exactly what I thought happened... Only thing that surprises me, is the outrage today...as if people are surprised out how she was laying unconscious in the other video we've seen for months.... Confused
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in other news, robert mathis tore his achilles, is out for the season. there's another bonehead costing his (my) team. i read that the colts can put him on a non-football injury list and not have to pay him. i hope they do this. idiot.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J. wrote:
It's about exactly what I thought happened... Only thing that surprises me, is the outrage today...as if people are surprised out how she was laying unconscious in the other video we've seen for months.

exactly. absolutely nothing new.
microman
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J. wrote:
I did see it, multiple times... It's about exactly what I thought happened... Only thing that surprises me, is the outrage today...as if people are surprised out how she was laying unconscious in the other video we've seen for months.... Confused

Yeah, Ravens fans were cheering him during his first appearance at practice this summer, even after it was clear he abused his wife. Now, these same people are shocked. The same as Goodell and the NFL. I find it hard to believe that the NFL didn't see that footage before.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
Now, these same people are shocked.

no, they aren't. they are pissed he got cut. the ravens message boards look identical to the penn state boards 2 years ago.
microman

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:

no, they aren't. they are pissed he got cut. the ravens message boards look identical to the penn state boards 2 years ago.

I guess I just saw some fans claiming they were going to burn his jersey on twitter. Not that it surprises me to learn fans are defending him, sports certainly has an ugly tradition of tribalism.
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Rice have any ammunition in the CBA in regards to something similar to "double jeopardy"? I know the NFLPA is weak, no way this happens in the NBA.

Not arguing for Rice, just wondering if he is done, done.

eich82
Addict
Addict

City: MTP

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73 wrote:
Does Rice have any ammunition in the CBA in regards to something similar to "double jeopardy"? I know the NFLPA is weak, no way this happens in the NBA.

Not arguing for Rice, just wondering if he is done, done.

No way will Rice be banned for life from the league. Even if that's what the NFL wants to do, unless they ban every player who has ever been arrested for domestic abuse for life, Rice should have a pretty easy case to be reinstated. Now whether any team would touch him as a PR nightmare is another story. Not sure he's talented enough to put up with that.

While I don't condone what he did, he's simply a casualty of public opinion. While his first penalty was weak, the video changes nothing, other than being a PR headache for the Ravens/NFL. What do you think Ray McDonald looked like when he beat his wife (GF?) last week? That's what it looks like when you hit someone. Just because there isn't a tape of it to show the world doesn't change anything.
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a son and daughters.

I will teach my son you never hit a woman.

I will teach my daughters you never hit a man. They never know when they will run into someone who hasn't been taught.

Also, I think it does the cause of stopping domestic violence a disservice if this is held up as the the exact same as someone who beats there wife repeatedly. Ray should be punished, harshly. You don't hit women. (JayZ comes to mind and good on him for the restraint he showed with Solange). A split second mistake isn't the same as a "beating".

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurt me for FF; I got in a new league this year and assumed a roster from last year. I had to keep two and RR was one of the better choices, even though I knew he would be out for two weeks. It seemed like the punishment had been laid out, so I went for it. Live and learn I guess. Now I need to find a good ringer RB to get on my roster.

I have a really hard time believing the NFL didn't already know this and I bet they did, but as was said earlier, the PR train starts rolling and they get on board.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73, that's good. We're teaching our boys to never hit and do everything possible to walk away or get out of the situation if she is hitting. We'll use this video and the results as an example.
microman

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:

I have a really hard time believing the NFL didn't already know this and I bet they did, but as was said earlier, the PR train starts rolling and they get on board.

We live in reactionary times; on too many occasions companies, people, organizations only react strongly when outrage is generated on social media and they're worried about their "brand". Many times this is good thing but once in a while it gets out of control and they over react.

I've read that Rice's career is probably over but he's still only 27 and even in RB years that isn't too old. Once the non-sports world has moved on I could see a team in need giving him another shot after he's done the Oprah-like media confession and apology.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice has zero recourse in this. Part of almost all contracts now includes something that says the players will conduct themselves in a way that positively impacts the organization. He's SOL.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for the meme of RR dragging JR out of the elevation saying "Showing what true love is."

Her Instagram comment this morning was pure Rolling Eyes , everyone's fault but Ray...
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J. wrote:
Waiting for the meme of RR dragging JR out of the elevation saying "Showing what true love is."

Her Instagram comment this morning was pure Rolling Eyes , everyone's fault but Ray...

I'm sure that will change once it's confirmed he'll keep his signing bonus and divorce papers are filed.

E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryoung wrote:
E.J. wrote:

I'm sure that will change once it's confirmed he'll keep his signing bonus and divorce papers are filed.

Don't think he has a rock solid prenup?
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofyboy wrote:
Rice has zero recourse in this. Part of almost all contracts now includes something that says the players will conduct themselves in a way that positively impacts the organization. He's SOL.

From what I've seen, though, the NFL suspended him-not the Ravens. They're entitled to cut him anytime they want to, the main motivator for doing this being the salary cap hit they will take.

He's getting his suspension based on the NFL's personal conduct policy, which is administered by The Commish himself with no reviewing authority to check or balance him. The players union will file a grievance and he will probably be reinstated after Week 12 or somewhere around there.

His biggest problem is that the NFL could paint the picture that he lied to them and THAT is why he got the extra discipline. But, he is FAR from done as an NFL player. See, Mike Vick.

E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So over/under that this incident takes Roger G. down? I think it's very doubtful, maybe 5%... 95/5 he makes it through this... But there is quite the ground swell....
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J. wrote:
jryoung wrote:
E.J. wrote:

Don't think he has a rock solid prenup?

This is a professional athlete we're talking about Laughing ....not to say he doesn't, but based on historical record athletes sometimes struggle with their finances.

Faust
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a kick out of everybody being so amazed that she still married him. I can think of a few million reasons.
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryoung wrote:

This is a professional athlete we're talking about Laughing ....not to say he doesn't, but based on historical record athletes sometimes struggle with their finances.

well that and the fact that he punched a woman in the face on camera. clearly not the best judgment.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:
I get a kick out of everybody being so amazed that she still married him. I can think of a few million reasons.

Yep and that's why shes mad now. No more of that money coming in for her.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR is a 30 year old running back who had a not-so-great previous season.

He's done.

I have no idea how much $ he's earned, but that's going to be all he's got now.

Vick still had value as a QB, so not much comparison there really.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to an NFL executive three months ago, while league officers have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week.

The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-newsbreak-source-says-rice-video-sent-nfl-205103147--spt.html

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no freaking idea what to believe here anymore.

On one hand, I cannot imagine that the NFL would cover this up. Why would they? There isn't any reason to.

On the other, I'm wondering if there is some nefarious stuff going on with all this, possibly to oust Goodell.

Identify yourself "law enforcement official". Name, rank, serial number please.

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: ''You're right. It's terrible.''

The law enforcement official, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, says he had no further communication with any NFL employee and can't confirm anyone watched the video. The person said he was unauthorized to release the video but shared it unsolicited, because he wanted the NFL to have it before deciding on Rice's punishment.

1) um, ok. it showed the caller ID? Yeah, like where did the CID info appear? Heard the number on the VM system? Or attached to an email (like many VOIP systems can do now)? Because yeah, no way you can fake that, right?
2) Who is the "NFL Executive" female in question?
3) He was unauthorized to release the video? FIRED. RIGHT THE F NOW. BYE.

Names and badge numbers or it didn't happen. If I was the NFL, and they have no record of receipt of this video or who may have gotten it, then I'd play the same "we have no knowledge card" until such a time as the LEO that leaked it comes out of the shadow. He won't, because he knows he will be fired and possibly arrested.

Faust
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This law enforcement official should have gone to TMZ instead Laughing The fact that he didn't has me suspicious in and of itself
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez wrote:
RR is a 30 year old running back who had a not-so-great previous season.

He's done.

I have no idea how much $ he's earned, but that's going to be all he's got now.

Vick still had value as a QB, so not much comparison there really.

Rice is 27 with six seasons experience and only 3 seasons in which he had 350+ "touches." He still has plenty of time left and plenty of productive seasons ahead of him. He is FAR from done. He will be playing somewhere next season.

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the hell did I see that he was 30? Anyway, oops.

At 27 he still could have a few productive years in there, if they let him back in.

E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez wrote:
Where the hell did I see that he was 30? Anyway, oops.

At 27 he still could have a few productive years in there, if they let him back in.

No way he'll be suspended more than 6 games IMO. Don't know how they could justify it(their own rules). Big question, who's going to take the firestorm to sign him.... Question

This is such a chitshow....sooooooo sick of the ESPN stuff. That said, chitshow sells.
JV
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one this year.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no team will ever sign him again. His NFL career is over.
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TnR6Rida wrote:

care to make a wager on that?
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STPHNSN23 wrote:
TnR6Rida wrote:

care to make a wager on that?

Yea I'll make a friendly wager. What do you want to do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Add To Favorites

Jump to: