Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Looking for first boat on tight budget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dkscism

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Looking for first boat on tight budget Reply with quote

Hi all, im new to the forum, but have been wakeboarding for a few years. The time has come for me to need my own boat. Im a college student, but I have worked paid internships and saved some money here and there to have a budget around $5k. I have searched here and other websites to find out what my options were. It seems that 80s Ski Nautiques, MCs, Supras, and Malibu ski boats can be bought within my budget, and with a little work, they can provide a good wake. My problem is the want/need for an open bow. I want a boat with more space for people to go out with, and these are harder to find. I have done some research and found some models that would fit my needs:
Malibu Sunsetter -introduced in 1987
Supra Sunsport -introduced in 1985
Mastercraft PS 205 -introduced in 1992
Sport Nautique -introduced in 1990
These are all of the models i have found that could fit my needs as an open bow wake boat and still be had within my budget. Im in the NC/SC area. What are you guys' opinion on these boats? Are there any other boats that i should consider?
Thanks for the feedback
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good list. If 5K is your budget I wouldn't mind which of those 4 it would be, I'd find the best boat. Can't go wrong with any of them. Gonna be tough to find a decent one though.
jtryon
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found an '88 sunsport 4 years ago for $4500 that has served me well over those years. a couple minor upgrades as you go along and you can get the wake as big as you want it. i'd say the sunsport or sunsetter will be your best bet for that budget, i haven't seen any 205's or SN's that low. keep in mind the 205 hull changed in '96 i think to the x-star hull which is the desirable one--not sure if the 92-95 models put out as good of a wake.

keep an open mind about the nautique 2001 as well, they put out a fantastic wakeboard wake and there are tons of them still around. lower freeboard so they're not as good for surfing, so depends what you're looking to do in the future.

reference the budget boat breakdown on this site: http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=59748 keep an open mind about traveling for the right boat and search frequently. the good deals will go fast. i drove 8 hours each way for my boat, and every time i see a deal it's never near me. know what to look for and that will go a long way for ya! good luck with the search!

Krypt HLCD's
ACME 913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: