Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wakeplate - fail... What to do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rumorco

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Wakeplate - fail... What to do? Reply with quote

I want to make a bigger wake without having to add weight. I tried fabricating my own wake plate but it didn't really work. All it does is make the nose of my boat dive and make the wake a tiny bit bigger. What can I do to make my wake bigger?

I have a Ski Nautique by correct craft (LINK: Like this one but older)

Here's a video of the wake plate: http://youtu.be/0hf9Vr-ZqHY
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make that wake plate yourself? That thing is awesome, it looks like it was professionally done. We used to wakeboard behind a ski nautique DD. We put two 750 lb fly high bags in the boat, one on each side of the of the engine doghouse. This should give you a bigger wake.
Rumorco

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgs917 wrote:
Did you make that wake plate yourself? That thing is awesome, it looks like it was professionally done. We used to wakeboard behind a ski nautique DD. We put two 750 lb fly high bags in the boat, one on each side of the of the engine doghouse. This should give you a bigger wake.

Thank you! Yes I did make it myself. Should I do that much weight? 750 x 2 is 1,500 pounds! I was maybe thinking 600 lb bag in the back and that's it?

How much ballast do I need? I found some good bags that hold 550lbs.. I guess I could buy two or something?

I'm currently building a wakeboard tower myself too. I'll post some pictures and videos in a few days of it.
ryan351w
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rumorco,

What I can see the issue is that what that plate is essentially doing is "unloading" the stern of the boat, and pitching the bow further into the water. My guess is that you're seeing a reshaping of the wake and not necessarily a "larger" wake.
The plate setup looks REALLY nice though! If you put a 2 smaller ones on the farthest side of the transom, one on each side, I bet you'd have an awesome surf system.

The plates that companies use for increasing the weight, Malibus "wedge" or Nautiques "hydrogate" redirects water upwards, basically forcing the stern of the boat into the water. Does this make sense?

How much did you setup run you? Seriously, its very slick!

Ryan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: