Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What I'm into now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFADAM, time to get a ski.
Swass
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just training for retirement. Laughing

Yep, we still ride. We're headed out tomorrow for a few days as a matter of fact.

ohsix wrote:
Swass wrote:
I do nothing. And it's everything I had hoped it would be.

You're a little young for retirement aren't you? Kids still MXing?
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFADAM, It might be the peak of your pace of progress, but you'll still progress way after that. I'm 40 and learning new tricks and riding better every year.

I still try to ride as much as I can. Which hasn't been a lot recently due to bad knees. Hope to have that fixed in the next couple months and ride 2-3 times a week again.
Wakesurfing is OK but it just doesn't cut it for me.
Need. To. Ride.

This is what's been keeping me busy for the last couple weeks, and will keep to do so for a while: '85 Range Rover that needs some work. The Beast!

SAM_1165small.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  109.9 KB
 Viewed:  1437 Time(s)

K-wood Kid
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised I haven't seen anyone mention disc golf on here? I picked it up recently and can't seem to get enough with 100+ free courses just in the metroplex. I have been playing 5 days a week for the past couple months trying to get better, but it is way more challenging than I expected.

I am still playing golf, but mostly just for work tournaments now. I go through months of not playing and months of playing constantly.

I still have my Tige and we're riding boat about 6 times a month, not as much cable but who has time for everything right? My girlfriend has been picking up boarding and surfing really fast. Here are a couple pics from last Saturday including my favorite shot of her so far!

sami.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  137.97 KB
 Viewed:  1404 Time(s)

surf.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  118.89 KB

method.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  121.64 KB

www.ridecwb.com
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason_ssr wrote:
Bambamski wrote:

Jason got me hooked on kiteboarding 3 or 4 years ago and I put a lot of miles traveling the world to feed the kiteboarding addiction. Sailboat trip through the grenadines in December, just got back from kiteboarding in Spain. (Jason, awesome spot, flat water, huge beautiful beach, castle perched on a hill a couple of hundred yards away and a mountain backdrop. Pretty cool)

Looking into some sailing lessons, I really enjoyed the trip we did and would like to some day charter my own sailboat.

Dude, that's amazing! Yeah, I'm dying to get to that side of the pond and hit the hotspots (Spain, Egypt, etc) but having three little ones (5, 2, and 7wks) my time and cash are limited. Was maneuvering around Spain pretty easy with your bag?

Ha! I was hoping that trip would ignite your sailing bug. I'm dying to find people to island hop the BVI in a 50ft cat. Its really not that spendy considering 4 estate rooms (4 couples?). We just need to get proficient enough to convince them to rent us a boat!! I would put together a sailing log, and log the time you spent in Dec. They want to see a nice log of time served before turning you lose on a big boat. Capt is $100 a day and he takes up a room and you have to feed him. Islamorada is kiting paradise.

it would be cool to charter your own cat for sure. However we had a captain and a hostess that did all the cooking and cleaning. The hostess is the key. She worked her butt off. I'm putting together a group to go in January or February. Genadines or the BVI. Let me know if you're interested.

We rented a car and getting around Spain with that was no problem. The train wouldn't allow us to transport our kite gear as it was oversized. If you don't mind paying some tolls along the way the roads are pretty decent. Where we were the thermals start kicking in around June to Sep. We got four out of about 8 days in Denia. A lot of the beaches after June 15th don't allow kiters however Denia has a Kite only beach so it's a pretty popular spot in the summer time. I've never kited on the Pacific so that might be the next big trip. HOWEVER I haven't been to Cuba in almost a year and half.... laugh I know long time. That's still my favorite place to kite for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: