Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

This guy is a real BAD ASS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: This guy is a real BAD ASS Reply with quote

yeah, that kid with the glasses.

Took down a psycho with a shotgun yesterday, saving who knows how many lives.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2023779642_spuheroxml.html

Brass f*cking balls kid. Way to go.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Swass
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werd.
eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be, "get off my lawn" old guy.

WTF is going on with the Bubb Rubbing gun rampages? I consider my self pro 2nd amendment, but come the Bubb Rubb on people. How can there not be some serious gun control pushed after this stretch?(not that I want it, or think it will do jack to stop problem) Am I just getting old?, or is it really that much more Bubb Rubb up? Unreal!

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73, it's clearly a mental health issue. The people who yell the loudest on both sides miss the bigger picture, and distract from the real problem. The lack of mental health services and lack of mental health screening is a massive issue. Sane people don't go on killing sprees... using guns, knives, whatev.

Gun nutters: you'll take my guns over my dead body
Anti-gun nutters: you should have precisely zero guns

The real issue: why are the individuals stressed to the point of doing this?

Anyhow, this situation sticks out to me because of how Meis reacted. Cool, calm, collected, and without hesitation. Very "Unforgiven" like.

eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may well be the truth.

What do we do about it? The dude from Santa Barbara was getting all kinds of mental health "help". Make mental health care a mandatory feature in our future single payer system? It's Bubb Rubb, not to go nuts here but I really believe it is a product of our society. Everyone thinks there so Bubb Rubbing special that the world needs to be appraised of there bowel movements on Twitter. I guess we have had it too good for too long that this is a possibility even in sick peoples minds. Why didn't this happen 20 years ago?(remotely as often)

And good on the kid who took him down. Amazing.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely well done.

Mental issues are the core problem here, and yes that is not what is being put in our faces on the news, etc.

IIRC correctly, we stopped allowing force institutionalizing in the 60's? Is that right, or was it earlier than that?

Anyway, I think that is one of the factors at play, IMO. Also, how many kids are being diagnosed with disorders they don't really have, then given drugs that screw them up? How many aren't being diagnosed because the family perceives a certain stigma?

eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with getting "forced instituionaliztion" back in the "acceptable" answers to this problem list.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one thing that probably needs to be done, is a mental health screen when buying firearms. There is no stomach for that currently, but the people committing the rampages are purchasing legally. From VT to Sandy Hook to the Naval Yard to Ft. Hood to the CO theaters to LAX to SB - all legal purchases. You have exactly one opportunity to stop a crazy from legally obtaining a firearm.

Now, the counter is that they will just go black market or steal them. IDK about that, it seems to me these crazies are otherwise normal, and may not go that route. Maybe they'll just jump off a bridge instead. Or maybe they will get in that other WMD (aka a car/truck) and take out a bunch of people that way. I dunno. I want to think it will be like the TSA and the possibility of getting outed at the airport (a deterrent), but I don't know.

What I do know, is it is irresponsible to not at least try.

eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were the Sandy Hook guns not bought by the mother?
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73, not 100% sure, but I believe so. The point was they were obtained legally. It wouldn't be 100% effective, nothing is.

eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPO the only 3 ways it is stopped are

1.) Ban and Reposses all guns.

2.) The Media stops reporting/sensationalizing the future events.

3.) Large societal changes.

Ciffsnotes: Were Screwed.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't see the screening as being effective, except to open the door for more limitations on the average joe. It also allows a huge opportunity for State control of our rights that we should be very careful about.

IMO, there are too many variables for it to be even slightly successful. Are you going to screen people regularly, after they buy the weapon? Do the kids get screened when the parents buy a gun? Who does the screening and what standard do they follow? Just a few questions that hit me right away.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73 wrote:
IMPO the only 3 ways it is stopped are

1.) Ban and Reposses all guns.

2.) The Media stops reporting/sensationalizing the future events.

3.) Large societal changes.

Ciffsnotes: Were Screwed.

#1 is the goal.

I honestly don't think these are just random events where kids are just snapping. *insert tinfoil hat comments here*

jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez wrote:
I think one thing that probably needs to be done, is a mental health screen when buying firearms.

I was trying to think of a reasonable measure where something like this could be incorporated. My thought was a request from an immediate family member (parent) AND a certified mental health care practitioner petitioning to prohibit a purchase for a period of time. Said petition would need to be renewed on some sort of annual basis.

Now, this wouldn't have prevented Sandy Hook, but maybe Santa Barbara. It's clear there was concern from his mother but both mother and authorities have limited ability to do anything.

My wife grew up with a kid who was nuts, his mother tried and tried and tried to get him help but she had almost no leverage with the state. She ended up stabbed over 30 times and dead in a dumpster behind their apartment complex.

Simply put, the mental health resources and leverage is abhorrent in this country. Something we all should be ashamed of.

jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:

#1 is the goal.

I honestly don't think these are just random events where kids are just snapping. *insert tinfoil hat comments here*

#1 is the goal for a select few that are about as nuts as that TX fatass at Chipotle.

brew
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Jackson

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez wrote:
I think one thing that probably needs to be done, is a mental health screen when buying firearms. There is no stomach for that currently, but the people committing the rampages are purchasing legally. From VT to Sandy Hook to the Naval Yard to Ft. Hood to the CO theaters to LAX to SB - all legal purchases. You have exactly one opportunity to stop a crazy from legally obtaining a firearm.

Now, the counter is that they will just go black market or steal them. IDK about that, it seems to me these crazies are otherwise normal, and may not go that route. Maybe they'll just jump off a bridge instead. Or maybe they will get in that other WMD (aka a car/truck) and take out a bunch of people that way. I dunno. I want to think it will be like the TSA and the possibility of getting outed at the airport (a deterrent), but I don't know.

I haven't put any thought to it but I would probably support this. Would there be people that fall though the cracks, sure. Is it even feasible, don't know. However, contrary to what okie believes I don't think everyone should have access to guns. The world is different, people have changed, and not everyone needs a firearm.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryoung wrote:
Okie Boarder wrote:

#1 is the goal.

#1 is the goal for a select few that are about as nuts as that TX fatass at Chipotle.

I wouldn't use the term few. But, yeah, it is a particular group.

microman

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only speculation on my part, but it seems like a "mass shooting spree" is a "thing" that mentally ill people with sociopathic tendencies see as something that they can do. The more it happens the more that idea is reinforced in their mind. It's unrealistic of course to expect the media not to sensationalize these events, let alone report on them. Mental health services are often blamed but if a person has only subtle signs of mental instability, are we as a society willing to start institutionalizing people like they might have done 100 years ago? That also seems unlikely.

Not too far from where I am, there was just a massive 30-hour manhunt for a guy who shot 5 police officers. The guy's facebook page was littered with postings about anti-police, pro-gun, anti-government paranoia and although these should have been troubling signs, he hadn't legally done anything wrong before Wednesday.

I guess I've started to see these events as very unfortunate products of our society that are not easily eliminated without giving up some part of our privacy and freedom. IOW I just don't know what the answer is.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brew wrote:
chavez wrote:

I haven't put any thought to it but I would probably support this. Would there be people that fall though the cracks, sure. Is it even feasible, don't know. However, contrary to what okie believes I don't think everyone should have access to guns. The world is different, people have changed, and not everyone needs a firearm.

No, not everyone needs a firearm. The issue is who gets to decide who has one and who doesn't.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
The guy's facebook page was littered with postings about anti-police, pro-gun, anti-government paranoia and although these should have been troubling signs, he hadn't legally done anything wrong before Wednesday.

Paranoia? What exactly were his postings?

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofyboy wrote:
No, not everyone needs a firearm. The issue is who gets to decide who has one and who doesn't.

To me, this is the key element as to why gun rights folks fight against this issue. Y'all know where I stand, but many are more moderate, but still have concerns about who makes the rules and whether we could have a slippery slope situation.

microman

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
microman wrote:
The guy's facebook page was littered with postings about anti-police, pro-gun, anti-government paranoia and although these should have been troubling signs, he hadn't legally done anything wrong before Wednesday.

Paranoia? What exactly were his postings?

His FB page is still up, check it out yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/justin.bourque.5682
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no paranoia on his page. Maybe those posts got deleted already?
microman

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:

That is what is kind of sad, i.e. the over-the-top "gun rights" and "anti-liberal" boilerplate on his page has become sort of legitimized in a small segment of the population. IMO if you actually think that the government is going to come and take away all your guns and that you need to prepare yourself for a new "war" then your grip on reality might not be particularly strong.

It's eerily similar to stuff Jared Miller was posting on his FB page, the guy who, along with his wife, killed 3 people in Vegas over the week-end. Although Miller's page is even way more extreme and delusional.

https://www.facebook.com/jerad.miller.1
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
It's eerily similar to stuff Jared Miller was posting on his FB page, the guy who, along with his wife, killed 3 people in Vegas over the week-end. Although Miller's page is even way more extreme and delusional.

It is interesting to read, think I have this right, that the only civilian that was killed, was a CC permit guy that attempted to stop them.

Ironic that an individual utilizing one of the rights these nutjobs were apparently so strongly for(just the one, not assuming this poor individual shared any of their nutjob beliefs), attempted to thwart their objective and they eliminated the perceived threat.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, looks like that is the case....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/08/2-police-officers-shot-in-las-vegas/

The duo then left the restaurant and walked over to a nearby Walmart, where Jerad Miller fired a shot into the air and told people to get out, shouting that it was “a revolution,” McMahill said.

Bystander Joseph Robert Wilcox, 31, who was carrying a concealed weapon inside the store, spotted Jerad Miller and told a friend he would confront him, according to authorities. As he neared Jerad, he was shot in the ribs by Amanda and later died, McMahill said.
eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

School shooting this AM in Troutdale, Oregon.

Evil or Very Mad Craziness out there.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
Okie Boarder wrote:

That is what is kind of sad, i.e. the over-the-top "gun rights" and "anti-liberal" boilerplate on his page has become sort of legitimized in a small segment of the population. IMO if you actually think that the government is going to come and take away all your guns and that you need to prepare yourself for a new "war" then your grip on reality might not be particularly strong.

A little over the top with that guy. Laws have been passed that allow for confiscation. How the plan is played out remains to be seen, but the option is there. People are voicing their disapproval, and many police officers are taking a stand, so maybe it will never happen.

It's not unreasonable to question what is going on with government activity and the militarization of our police.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerad Miller obviously crossed a line; something must have snapped in his head. It's one thing to support legislation and take a stand to protect our rights, but it's a whole other thing to be the aggressor and instigate some sort of "revolution" unwarranted.
eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder,

It is unhinged. If the 2nd amendment is real important to you best start donating to the NRA. stuff is going to be changing I would guess. This is why we can't have nice things. Sad

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NRA is a joke. They've supported many of the laws that go against the 2nd Amendment.
eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then advise me, exactly who is lobbying for gun rights in America?
microman

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
The NRA is a joke. They've supported many of the laws that go against the 2nd Amendment.

Honest question, but in the last 25 years or so what laws have they supported that go against the 2nd amendment?
eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They endorsed the measure that stopped JQ Public from owning a ThermoNuclear weapon
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info. on the civilian victim in Vegas.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/vegas-cop-killers/cost-bravery-vegas-bystander-died-trying-stop-rampage-n127361

I'd have to think that the sheriffs office would prefer that everyone would have exited the building.

Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if they would have went into the WalMart with 2 active shooter(bad guys) and 1 active shooter(good guy)....and how that would have played out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: