Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Maceday lake, Waterford mi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big_dog

PostPosted: May 27, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Maceday lake, Waterford mi Reply with quote

I am looking at buying a house on maceday but hear you can smell the landfill. Does anyone have personal testimonies and know how bad it really is? Any leads are GREATLY appreciated.

Thx
tprkolbas
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: white lake

PostPosted: May 31, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend owns a house on maceday lake (near maceday lake rd and nelsey rd) and i've been wake boarding there since 2008. never smelled anything unusual. great lake to be on but it can get busy on the weekends.
Big_dog

PostPosted: May 31, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I think the landfill smell issue went away 15 years ago.
tprkolbas
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went wake boarding sunday morning on maceday - i made a effort to notice any weird smells - nothing unusual. i asked my buddy if he ever noticed anything (he has lived on the lake since 2008) and he didn't even know there was a landfill nearby.

he also said if you need a tour of the lake before you buy, he'd be happy. PM me and i can give you his info. we are always looking for an extra body to wakeboard and surf.

tprkolbas
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went wake boarding sunday morning on maceday - i made a effort to notice any weird smells - nothing unusual. i asked my buddy if he ever noticed anything (he has lived on the lake since 2008) and he didn't even know there was a landfill nearby.

he also said if you need a tour of the lake before you buy, he'd be happy. PM me and i can give you his info. we are always looking for an extra body to wakeboard and surf.

morph1x

City: WATERFORD

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live on Lotus Lake which accesses & is connected to Maceday Lake, I am also part of the MLLA (Maceday Lotus Lakes Association). I've been living on Lotus for only about a year but I have been around the area and boarding on Maceday since 2007 or so, I never knew about any land fill until the subject was brought up at an MLLA meeting, apparently the landfill contract never happened.. it was talked about and they were trying to push for it, but MLLA & residents fought off the land fill idea... Perhaps there was a landfill there in the past? I dunno.. I never smelled anything, But yeah, like tprkolbas, I could also use a few bodies on the boat, always a problem getting that 3rd & and if anyone needs a tour of the lakes, lemme know. I'll be happy to take ya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: