Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2000 Sunsetter VLX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YeloBlammo

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: 2000 Sunsetter VLX Reply with quote

Hi,

What are peoples experience with this boat?

I am looking for something for 50% wakeboarding 50% surfing.

From what i can see the wake should not be an issue for wakeboarding but have not found a ton of info on the surf wave.

Living 5 mins from the beach I surf ( the ocean) a fair amount so having a good surf wave will be important considering I'm used to surfing real waves.

These, from my research, are near identical to the wakesetter v's minus the tower, ballast, and wedge. Some have them since they were options.

Opinions?

I'm not looking to spend more than 15K. There is one locally for that price with no options but the center ballast.
rmaytee
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These forums have been pretty dead the past year or so, which is sad. I used to love strolling through these topics. So, sorry it has taken so long for you to get a response.

I have a 97 VLX. I have about the same uses as you 5050 wake boarding and surfing. I really enjoy my boat. It has foot power, and a nice ramp wake for wake boarding. It has really nice pop. I have 2 400 lb sacks in the v-drive compartments, and between 250-350 in the ski locker.

For surfing, I empty one of the v-drive sacs. I also like to fill a narrow 250 tube sack that I can leave on the flop and roll from side to side. I also have 3 5-gallon buckets with screw-on lids to shift from side to seise when we have fewer bodies in the boat.

rmaytee
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These forums have been pretty dead the past year or so, which is sad. I used to love strolling through these topics. So, sorry it has taken so long for you to get a response.

I have a 97 VLX. I have about the same uses as you 5050 wake boarding and surfing. I really enjoy my boat. It has foot power, and a nice ramp wake for wake boarding. It has really nice pop. I have 2 400 lb sacks in the v-drive compartments, and between 250-350 in the ski locker.

For surfing, I empty one of the v-drive sacs. I also like to fill a narrow 250 tube sack that I can leave on the flop and roll from side to side. I also have 3 5-gallon buckets with screw-on lids to shift from side to seise when we have fewer bodies in the boat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: