Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ronix El Von Videl Schnook Vs Slingshot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snow2wake

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Ronix El Von Videl Schnook Vs Slingshot Reply with quote

Hi All,

I broke my board the other day at the cable park and now I am looking at getting a new set up. A little bit about me, I am intermediate/advanced rider (definitely not an expert). I ride 90 percent cable and 10 percent boat. Ideally I would like a board I can ride for both, but would also be fine with a board more for cable. I wanted to see if anyone here has riden the Ronix El Von Videl Schnook?? If so how does it compare to some of the boards in the slingshot line up? (I was looking at the hooke or newton)

Any insight you could provide would be great!!!

Thanks in advance
justin h.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Katy

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All opinions you get are going to be a little biased. I ride the Snook and really like it. It is consistent, powerful and tougher than nails.

I'm a true 50% cable / 50% boat rider. I primarily ride a william behind the boat, but I have taken several "fun" sets on the Shnook behind and I am blown away every single time. It is ultra fast, pops and handles very easily. Every time I go out for goof-a-round set it gets serious fast. As for cable, it is a workhorse. It is a medium flex board, but continues to break-in for about a month. I like the flex pattern because it gives me the confidence to land straight into heavy presses out of airs/transfers--I just don't feel confident on softer boards.

tdickman4
Criminal
Criminal

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride slingshot boards, but over the summer I tried out the Schnook and loved. If you want a board for both cable and boat though, go with the Slingshot Recoil. The recoil is almost the same shape as the hooke, but a completely flat bottom. I love the recoil behind the boat and I'm sure I would like it at the cable if I didn't have the shredtown also
snow2wake

PostPosted: Oct 25, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your insight all. Have any of you ridden the new Slingshot Lyman?

Thoughts on it for boat and cable??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: