Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Grabbing Scarecrows off Kickers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Oct 14, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Grabbing Scarecrows off Kickers? Reply with quote

Any tips? I'm really comfortable with the flip but just can't get the grab in. Just can never seem to get to the board, doesn't help that I'm extra lanky at 6'4"....
kent2010
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Needles

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 6'3" so I feel your pain on being a lurch and grabbing inverts. The only way i could ever grab the scarecrow off the kicker is nose and i do it by throwing my regular crow but i go just about as big as i can take it. so I have a lot more time in the air to actually get the grab. For me that feels like the only way i can grab it without the pop of the wake to shoot the board up into my hand. So if youre comfortable taking your scarecrows as big as your hardest edge can give you i'd give it a try.
MarineMax CW

City: Clearwater

PostPosted: Nov 12, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key to grabbing any invert off of a kicker, or behind the boat, is to grab first and then flip. When you throw your head to initiate the rotation, your upper body is getting further away from your board. If you try and flip first and then grab, you wont ever be able to reach the board. Going bigger will allow you to catch a late grab at the end of the trick, but not the long grab that you're looking for.

Try to also think about bringing the board to your hand, instead of just reaching for your board. This should help with grabbing all tricks. For a scarecrow, try boning out your back leg and bending your front - it will bring the nose closer to your front hand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: