Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2001 Super Air Nautique

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boardstiff
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Canada

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: 2001 Super Air Nautique Reply with quote

Hey,
So I'm looking to upgrade to a v drive. I found an ad for a "2001 SAN" Looking for some input.
1st the graphics, do they not pre date 2001? Like 1997 t0 1999?
The boat details are listed as new motor (5.8 GT 40), low hours, cover and newer trailer.
They are asking $23,000.
Do any of you have any experience with the boat? Anything I should look for?
I'm trying to schedule a viewing and water test, but haven't been able to touch base with the seller as of yet.
Any help would be great.

Nautique 2001 air 4.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  64 KB
 Viewed:  9688 Time(s)

nautique 2001 air.jpg

Description:

nautique 2001 air 2.jpg

Description:

nautique 2001 air 5.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  128 KB

nautique 2001 air 3.jpg

Description:

mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a decent boat. I have a 2000 SAN. Check planetnutique.com, there are tons of resources on there. I love the boat. It puts out an amazing wakeboard wake. It is pretty steep sending you more straight up then across. Not quite as rampy as some wakes.
Wazzy
Addict
Addict

City: Illinois

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems odd..... what is the vin #? The last 2 digits are the model year of the hull. (ex. xxxxxxxxx02 = 2002) Def check that first. seems like a lot of work was put into this (new vinyl, etc)... might end up being a headache in the long run..... Do your homeowrk before you buy it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boardstiff
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, seems odd to me as well.
I spoke with the seller today and he says the boat was manufactured late 2000 and that is the original graphics. I can't find anything newer then a 1999 with these graphics. He also said their has been some interior work done. I think that may have included removing the bench seat from the port side. He says their is only a bench running along the back. I find that weird too. Also wondering about the tower. Does it look like a knock off? I've compared it to boats I've seen online and have noticed some differences with 2001 towers. Going to see the boat in person this weekend so I may get some answers then. I will definitely be doing my research on this one.

Wazzy
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't pay that close attaention to the tower until you mentioned it. I am not sure it is a FCT.... I do not see any hinging points, or knobs for folding the tower. From what I remember when Nautiques went to that style tower it folded..... I could be wrong, maybe there was a version that didn't, but I don't remember it.
Spend plenty of time looking this thing over....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boardstiff
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I've been searching the net like crazy for
Info on this boat. I came across a boat on google images that looks very similar to the boat I'm looking at. When I try to connect to the thread on wakeworld through the pic it doesn't work, but was able to find it through a search on wakeworld, although for some reason the pic is no longer there it still shows up on google images. The boat is in canada now but the seller did say it came from the states.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516934

What's the chances it's the same boat?

The pic is a screen shot from google images.

image.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  114.12 KB
 Viewed:  9449 Time(s)

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Oct 02, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the same boat. Nice job Sherlock!
Knowing all this there's no way I'd pay anything near 23K for it. Don't know how far you're willing to travel but there's a couple REALLY nice ones for sale at Planetnautique.com.

Wazzy
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 03, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I would keep searching.... I found our '02 SAN on Planet Nautique, I also searched ebay, boat trader, only inboards, craigslist, etc.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: