Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

sack/pump recommendation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weifert

City: DFW area

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: sack/pump recommendation? Reply with quote

More I read the more I get confused.

I have a 06 LSV. Looking to add some weight into the rear corners..really for surfing.

Folks surf on both slides so Id like to get a pair of sacks - one for each rear corner. About 400-600 in each corner.

And of course a good pump.

Anyone have a recommendation? Best one out there?

Thx
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: wakesurf Reply with quote

I got the piggy back system and was amazed at how it did Not leak and it fills up very quickly so i'm ready do go, but it does take too long to drain because the bottom tank is empty before the top bag can drain down into the bottom tank.
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-vdrive-sacs-elevate-pump-package.html

I use these. They take about 5 minutes to fill/drain. They are very durable as well.
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 21, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgs, i guess you don't have a ballast system that you just push a button on the dash and it fills up or empties, or maybe you like putting the hoses on by hand and being at a complete stop when filling the tanks or maybe you like holding the pump in the water by hand facing the current when your going 5 mph to fill the bag on the go or maybe people in canada just like extra wark? Get the piggy back system which WORKS WITH YOUR CURRENT SYSTEM that you already have. I have a VLX, so I know the piggy back worked for me, Iknow the moomba 02-08 had some problems so if knowbody on here has a moomba go to the moomba website and find someone who knows, good luck!
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckthis, I live in South Carolina. We travel to Canada as a family once a year. I was just trying to give a suggestion to the OP. I dont mind sitting still for 5-10 minutes to fill or drain a sack. It would be nice to have the sacks piggybacked in, but I do not have this yet.
Bowen
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas...I miss SoCal

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckthis, It's not a huge deal to manually fill sacs. I don't have the piggy back system for my LSV and while it may be nice it's also more expensive. Side note, I've heard that if you ride sacked out some will drain out in your turns; perhaps that's just an old version though?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: