Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Binders brand really matter?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BabygumpWakeboarder

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Binders brand really matter? Reply with quote

I am a beginner, 51 yrs young, and purchased a combo package which includes Hyperlite Remix binders and Hyperlite Slate 140. I have gotten up fine and am learning, but I was wondering about other board/ binding packages out there. After searching I see there are several in the price range $400- $500++, with bindings alone that are pricing around $400+. Is there that much difference and if so what IS the difference. Is it simply comfort or is there a level of flexibility combined with support that the higher priced brands have that the lower priced brands do not.
Thanks,
BabygumpWakeboarder
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BabygumpWakeboarder, Pretty much what you said. The saying holds true, you get what you pay for. Quality and comfort are the biggest improvements you'll see over the cheaper bindings on the market. In addition, you will also see big improvements in longevity, the more expensive boots will generally last longer if you take care of them.

High-end boots often also have some great features like the ability to be molded to your foot, lighter weight, better materials, etc.; all of which contributes to what I mentioned above.

With that said, even lower-end bindings today can be equivalent to very high-end bindings just 5 years ago or so. Equipment from the big brands in general is great and until you become a more highly skilled rider, just about anything that will get you on the water will treat you well. Once you have enough time on the water and possibly try some other people's boots, you'll find you may like more ankle support or a lighter boot, or any other number of things. It's all personal preference and what features you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: