Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Our first Gopro video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ac88926
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lebanon, TN

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Our first Gopro video Reply with quote

Check out our first gopro video. I think I had more fun filming than I did riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZsSYbVWucs
da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shots! thanks for sharing!
rowlex
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: seattle

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya awesome shots!

im so jealous of smooth glassy water like that. havent seen it here.
ac88926
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. We had a blast filming this. The water is typically that smooth during the mid week rides we like to take.
supra88

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! We also just started filming our first gopro vid. You ever ride close to Jackson, TN?
ac88926
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supra88, we don't usually make it that far west. We stay around old hickory lake and occasionally go to center hill. Everything in our video was shot on old hickory.
surferbum2184

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some very nice riding but edit needs some work. I was given some constructive criticism on my first edit so don't take any of this wrong way. your using slow mo way to much. you don't see that in any pro rider video. the trick will do itself justice. we don't need to see it slowed down to see what was done. it will look way better in normal speed. also not sure on program your using but I bought vegas pro for $40 and has great transitions from shot to shot so it fades into each other instead of a sudden change.

and again no offense but horrible song selection. pick something that flows well with the video. also not sure on the camera used or quality recorded at but my gopro edits are extremely crisp and clear. that was kinda blurry
ac88926
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surferbum2184, Haha thanks for your opinion. I'm not trying to win an academy award. We just do this for fun. I'm Sorry you didn't approve of my song selection. What would you suggest that I use for my next video? I wish I would've checked with you before I did my video, you seem to be an expert on the topic of what is an acceptable song choice. Don't take any of this the wrong way though.
surferbum2184

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ac88926 wrote:
surferbum2184, Haha thanks for your opinion. I'm not trying to win an academy award. We just do this for fun. I'm Sorry you didn't approve of my song selection. What would you suggest that I use for my next video? I wish I would've checked with you before I did my video, you seem to be an expert on the topic of what is an acceptable song choice. Don't take any of this the wrong way though.

sorry for trying to help you make a cleaner edit. if you want to be dick about it your edit it is actually pretty crappy. sorry for trying to be nice about it and give you a few pointers to help you clean up your next one like I was shown how to. keep riding though. at least ya'll are good at that. was going to give you a few more pointers on how to get some really good shots that we use when pro riders roll through
ac88926
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surferbum2184, your post basically says dont take any offense but your song sucks, your edit sucks, the video is blurry, the slow mo sucks, and your transitions suck....but no offense. It's laughable actually. Like I said, it was our first video and we had fun shooting it. Also the first time I have ever edited anything. No trying to impress, just trying to share the video with people on the forum who appreciate having a good time riding with your crew. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I will work harder next time bro, I promise.
ac88926
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ was going to give you a few more pointers on how to get some really good shots that we use when pro riders roll through[/quote]

That's fine, I would welcome that. But there are ways to go about things
hcooksey

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!!!
surferbum2184

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ac88926 wrote:
[ was going to give you a few more pointers on how to get some really good shots that we use when pro riders roll through

That's fine, I would welcome that. But there are ways to go about things[/quote]

get a cheap tube and tow from the lower tow point. tie it 5 feet shorter than the rider and sit on it backwards so you get the front of the rider doing the tricks
stxr racer
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice vid..thanks for posting Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: