Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Zimmerman...f'ing liberal media
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Zimmerman...f'ing liberal media Reply with quote

So.... he said "he looks black" or whatever in response to a question from the operator.

Certain news outlets edited it and took out the 911 operator asking the question.

I'm very angry, this is the last straw, I won't even put the stations on that did this even for an instant any longer.

eich82
Addict
Addict

City: MTP

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get those ratings! What drives the ratings higher like a nice black/white crime?!
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just now found out about this? I thought this was the big news 3 days ago.

The operator's question was, "what does he look like? white, black, hispanic?"... that got cut.

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, more reasons to not watch NBC. At all. Ever.
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not for big government, but I would like legislation to step in and put in some slanderous type legislation against the media. If the information is false or instills false accusations, or some crap.

Not prevent the truth, but curb the amount of editing for ratings nonsense.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not for big government, but I would like legislation to step in and put in some slanderous type legislation against the media. If the information is false or instills false accusations, or some crap.

While I'm tempted, on an emotional level, to agree with you, there should NEVER be more laws regulating the media than there are.

There already are laws against slander and libel. The government should NEVER have any control over any media further than the current libel and slander laws.

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should fall under the same thing as yelling fire in a theater. You can yell fire, but you are responsible for any injury as a result.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There already are libel and slander laws that cover that stuff.

Zimmerman should sue NBC. The government should not, in any way aside from the existing libel and slander laws, regulate the media.

eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but should regulate everything else?

ok, gotcha

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, see what you just did there? You did what haugy wants the media to be regulated against, you misdirected and then misrepresented a point intentionally.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget about CB just finding out about the story...CB, you're just now figuring out the media does this kind of slanting of stories?
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called Hyperbole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Isn't it about time for you to "remind" everyone you studied journalism so you know what you are talking about?

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Forget about CB just finding out about the story...CB, you're just now figuring out the media does this kind of slanting of stories?

This is not media bias or slant, this is a deliberate editing of a piece of audio. Slant and bias are not as clearly actionable. THIS, however, I think is.

Note that NPR had no part of this, neither did FOX, for that matter.

ChrisG
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brentwood, CA

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to like the way you look. I guarantee it.
ScottyB_RochNY
Addict
Addict

City: Rochester

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how the two Sanford black kids that attacked a white guy for no reason WITH A HAMMER are not a big story at all. porkchop Whitey!
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it Sanford and son, with the hammer?

I knew those guys were up to no good.

I'm going to see if I can find stuff on this for real, all inappropriate kidding aside.

But the real point is that two people killing one person with a hammer is NOT national news worthy.

Neither is one man killing one other person with a gun.

These are not national news stories. These are newstainment, or infotainment.

They simply are not national news worthy.

STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraboy wrote:
They simply are not national news worthy.

you underestimate how retarded the average american is.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

were those two black guys arrested and charged?

That is the difference and the outrage here is that ole white mexican was not imediately arrested, tried and hung.

ScottyB_RochNY
Addict
Addict

City: Rochester

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in houston next Tues-Weds
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you underestimate how retarded the average american is.

I guess I cling to the idea that there are still JOURNALIST out there.

eh, maybe there never were. Maybe i'm seeing the profession of journalism through JasonSSR eyes.

Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Sac

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marketplace of ideas. That information came out regardless of what the mainstream media reported. You cannot get all your information from one source or you will miss part of the story. I read a lot of sources to get to what's the actual story.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journalism is much like the sport of wrestling. People do not want to see skilled wrestling proper. It is a boring sport to behold. You cannot make a living from it unless you add a bunch of drama and fake the action to an outcome you have already predetermined. Journalism is the exact same way. In its purist form it's a sweet science, but nobody practices it in that form professionally because it just doesn't pay the bills. The truth is, most factual stories are boring and feed no agenda.

The truth in this story is a neighborhood watch guy tracked a shady character, got into a scuffle and shot his attacker. Was it self defense? Only 2 people know and one is dead. So, only one guy knows the facts and if he was guilty wouldn't self incriminate anyway. Everything else is subjective BS used to paint a predetermined picture. If you believe in the second amendment, it seems to be a clean shoot. If you are anti-gun/CHL then he was a crazed racist gunman. The truth is neither conclusion can be drawn from the actual facts.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Baltfrog
Addict
Addict

City: Baltimore

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, you are wise. It's rare I disagree with your points on here. Nice analogy
microman

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason_ssr wrote:

The truth in this story is a neighborhood watch guy tracked a shady character, got into a scuffle and shot his attacker.

I'm curious, what exactly made him a "shady character"?

After all you tell us that only two people know the truth yet your brief framing of the story clearly underlines your own bias.
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
jason_ssr wrote:

The truth in this story is a neighborhood watch guy tracked a shady character, got into a scuffle and shot his attacker.

After all you tell us that only two people know the truth yet your brief framing of the story clearly underlines your own bias.

Weren't there witnesses? So isn't the truth beholden to several perspectives.

eich82
Addict
Addict

City: MTP

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
jason_ssr wrote:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Boy didn't think you'd show up in this thread after your vehement defense of the "unbiased" content of all media outlets not named Fox.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
jason_ssr wrote:

I dont know what made him shady, I wasnt there. Doesnt really matter.

I never said I wasnt biased. Everyone is. The witnesses witnessed the end result and corroborate Zimmerman's story, however they did not witness the events leading up to it.

IMO, this is not a racial issue, or a gun rights issue. its just a bad combination of events. They happen every day and are not news worthy. Apparently this neightborhood watch guy takes his job seriously as he regularly calls the cops, just as he did here. Did he do his job well in trying to talk to the boy, or chasing after the boy ran? I dont know. What I do know is you do not pull your conceiled weapon to stop a scuffle. Did he fear for his life? Who knows. I know Ive been on the receiving end of an ass kicking and did not. Ive also been stopped by neighborhood watch while jogging in the subdivision across from mine. I was happy to stop and chat. Now they wave when I jog by.

There is no innocent victim on either side of this story. Both played the unnecessary escalation game until someone got hurt.

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is no innocent victim on either side of this story.

I don't know, I wasn't there.

microman

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eich82 wrote:

Boy didn't think you'd show up in this thread after your vehement defense of the "unbiased" content of all media outlets not named Fox.

Your reading comprehension needs work. You will find that I said nothing about the so-called "unbiased content" of other MSM outlets, only that Fox News is the worst offender, which it is. As bad as this is, someone will probably take the fall for it and they've apologized. When was the last time Fox News did that for blatantly misrepresenting a story? If they acknowledge it at all, they will simply call it an unintended error.

jason_ssr wrote:

I dont know what made him shady, I wasnt there. Doesnt really matter.

It matters because you were giving us a lecture about how no one knows the "truth" yet you were characterizing Martin as shady as if it were a fact.

jason_ssr wrote:

I never said I wasnt biased. Everyone is. The witnesses witnessed the end result and corroborate Zimmerman's story, however they did not witness the events leading up to it.

There are apparently two witnesses and they both contradict each other. One said Martin was on top of Zimmerman hitting him, the other says Zimmerman was on top of a lifeless Martin. There also seems to be no evidence of injury to Zimmerman.

jason_ssr wrote:

IMO, this is not a racial issue, or a gun rights issue. its just a bad combination of events.

It may or may not be a racial issue, but you can't say it's not a gun rights issue. A person not trained in law enforcement is carrying around a gun and following someone as if he is. No gun, no death.

jason_ssr wrote:

There is no innocent victim on either side of this story.

An unarmed kid was killed and you *know* that there are no innocent victims in this story?
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:
There also seems to be no evidence of injury to Zimmerman.

Police report contradicts you as Zimmerman declined treatment for an injury to the back of his head. Also confirmed by a medical visit to consult on stitches for said injury.

Look property is not equivalent to death but it looks as though both parties made mistakes. But this should not be national news. There are more egregious issues that are relevant to our nation but the media is focused on this as there are undertones.

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:

It matters because you were giving us a lecture about how no one knows the "truth" yet you were characterizing Martin as shady as if it were a fact.

Looks like it is you that needs reading comprehension assistance. He called 911 because of someone he thought was a shady character and chased him. This is not up for debate. What I think of Martin is irrelevant. I never met the guy.

microman wrote:

It may or may not be a racial issue, but you can't say it's not a gun rights issue. A person not trained in law enforcement is carrying around a gun and following someone as if he is. No gun, no death.

You cant say that with any certainty. People here die for many other violent means other than guns. Either could have beaten each other to death or stabbed one another or dragged one behind a car.

microman wrote:

An unarmed kid was killed and you *know* that there are no innocent victims in this story?

If he was armed would it have mattered? If two armed guys get into a fist fight and one pulls his gun and shoots, it is somehow more fair? There is evidence that can be interpreted as both parties being aggressive. Again, only one guy knows for sure and he wouldnt tell the truth if it wasnt to his advantage.

microman

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor*Cal wrote:

Police report contradicts you as Zimmerman declined treatment for an injury to the back of his head. Also confirmed by a medical visit to consult on stitches for said injury.

I was referring to the more sensational broken nose and other facial injuries that have been claimed.

Nor*Cal wrote:

Look property is not equivalent to death but it looks as though both parties made mistakes. But this should not be national news. There are more egregious issues that are relevant to our nation but the media is focused on this as there are undertones.

Well this story wasn't national/international news until a month after the fact. And you are correct as to why it has become so.

jason_ssr wrote:

Looks like it is you that needs reading comprehension assistance. He called 911 because of someone he thought was a shady character and chased him. This is not up for debate. What I think of Martin is irrelevant. I never met the guy.

Yes that's what *Zimmerman* said, but that doesn't make Martin a shady character. With your "truth" statement, you made it seem as if it were a fact in the case that Martin was indeed "shady".

jason_ssr wrote:

You cant say that with any certainty. People here die for many other violent means other than guns. Either could have beaten each other to death or stabbed one another or dragged one behind a car.

No I can't say for sure, but I would guess that he wouldn't be so bold as to follow someone who he thought was a threat that closely on foot if he wasn't carrying a gun. It certainly merits discussion.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People here die for many other violent means other than guns. Either could have beaten each other to death or stabbed one another or dragged one behind a car.

Let's be fair... this is a bit of double talk.

The above quote implies that a gun is on the same level of efficiency in killing as a knife or car-dragging. If that was true, then why would you all want guns for protection, why don't you just carry a pipe or a rope for dragging people behind your car, or a knife?

Well, we know why. It's because a gun is a much more efficient killing tool.

So you can't really make claims that the gun was not relevant because the killing could have been carried out with a different weapon without accepting the false premise that guns, knives, and cars are equally good at killing people.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microman wrote:

If they acknowledge it at all, they will simply call it an unintended error.

I've seen this happen with the MSM, also. Fox isn't the only one. I can't speak to the frequency, but IMO once is too much.

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Solyndra?

How many conservative outlets just backed up the conservative BS calling solyndra a criminal failure of the obama admin?

Now we all know that the obama admin didn't do anything illegal, and we know that china dumped 41 BILLION into their chinese Solyndra competitors

Obama admin loaned Solyndra 500 million dollars. versus 41 BILLION.

Most of you don't know that, i'll wager. But most of you probably think that Solyndra was a scandal fraught with gov't corruption.

The "News" sucks and is failing our society at every turn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: