Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wakeboard Boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blueliner

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Wakeboard Boat Reply with quote

I have always wanted a boat, now I can afford one, and I have two teenage sons and lots of friends to enjoy it with. I started out wanting some sort of cruiser...but that seemed boring for the kids. Whatever I get will have to be a do it all boat, for up to 8 or 9 people on calm inland lakes for a few hours at a time. It also has to be towable by my Chev Tahoe. So I have narrowed it down to a bowrider of some sort, but I like the thought of a wakeboard boat due to the safety of the inboard vs stern drive. This way I will not rule out any type of towed or surfing fun. Futhermore I or my kids have never skied, wakeboarded, tubed etc, I have never even owned or driven anything but a 14' aluminum boat with a 9hp engine. All I can say is all of those youtube videos look fun, and we are physically fit fearless and ready to go......Any advice, cause I might be nuts or having a midlife crisis.

Blueliner
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budget? New or used? Any inboard dealers nearby?
BrtnDan
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you buy a I/O, you will start doing more watersports, and then wish you had bought a wakeboard boat.

IMO resale is better on a wakeboard boat.

Location?
Blueliner

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a budget yet. I am in eastern Canada (Ontario). All in and taxes with a trailer and the toys plus an extra prop lets say under $50K...so probably a used boat. There is a fair amount of used stuff both dealer and private, seems most of the major makes are represented within a few hours. The only barrier is my wife who agrees in principle it would be a good way to spend time with our kids and their friends, however she has not thrown in her full support as we have a mortgage for another 9 months or so. It also depends on how work bonuses occur this fall. All I know is that longer I wait the better the boat I can get....it pays to be patient.

Blueliner
AndrewSoroki

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I would buy a Axis a20 or a22. Also you don't want the wakeboarding and stuff to come with the boat because as your kids progress they will beg for a new wakeboard since the one that came with the boat will suck. Just go to your local pro shop and get a good board setup.
AndrewSoroki

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I meant wakeboard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: