Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New boat: Bittersweet to just SWEET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: New boat: Bittersweet to just SWEET Reply with quote

After 6 years and 1,100 engine hours in 2 different Mastercraft X-Stars, I decided to give the nod to the G23 instead of the 2013 X-Star. I had amazing times on my 2006 X-Star purchased in April 2007 and my 2010 X-Star purchased in April 2010. I don't know anyone, other than instructors, who can say they have logged 1,100 engine hours in 6 years.

I agonized between the 2013 X-Star and the 2013 G23 from fall 2012 until Feb. 2013 when I finally decided to go with the G. I then worried if my decision was right or wrong all the way up until I picked up the G and took her out Father's Day weekend.

I can now say with extreme confidence the G23 is the most amazing boat I've ever been in, on, or behind. My friend bought a 2013 X-Star which I've driven and ridden behind. Its a great boat, really it is. But minus a couple of small things the X-Star is superior at, the G23 just kills it. My friend who spent ~$120k on his new X-Star rode behind my G for the first time last weekend. He has since expressed regret in his premature decision to get an X-Star just because he had previously owned 4 of them (and is a fanboy truth be told).

I've put 16 hours on it since Father's Day. On the X-Stars we would wakeboard 95%+ of the time and wakesurf the remaining few percent. Due to the awesome surf wake made at the push of a button (NSS), we are now wakesurfing at least 20-25% of the time. Changing sides takes 3-4 seconds, it definitely works as advertised. And the wakeboard wake is as you would expect, and the only word I have for it is SICK. There's dozens of improvements from my 2010 X-Star, some big and some small. But its an upgrade in virtually every way.

Air Nautique simply nailed it, I don't know any other way to put it. If the G23/G25, 2013+ X-Star, Malibu MX Series, etc. are a sign of the leaps a new generation of boats can take, wake sports have a bright future ahead.

A few quick pics taken the evening I picked her up from Buxton Marine. Excuse the quality they were just iPhone grabs.

And the best way to spend Father's Day!

(Surfboard since upgraded to Inland Surfer Flyboy...but that's a whole different write-up.)

Cheers,

Dusty

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... awesome. Congrats!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratz! She's a beaut. My dream ride right there!
wakechick13
Addict
Addict

City: Lake Lewisville, Texas

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sweet! Congrats bro.
JRW160
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntsville

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick boat, but where's the stereo?
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRW160 wrote:
Sick boat, but where's the stereo?

Ordered without tower speakers because I installed WetSounds the day after I picked it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: