Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New GPS Boat Speed (Cruise) Control for Wakeboarders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ridesteady

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: New GPS Boat Speed (Cruise) Control for Wakeboarders Reply with quote

Hi All,
It is my pleasure to announce the launch of our new Ridesteady GPS Boat Speed (Cruise) Control. There are many new features in this model, including:

- GPS-based speed control
- RPM-based speed control
- Paddlewheel-based speed control (optional)
- Air and Water temperature sensors (optional)
- Optical rotary / push knob for incredibly fast and easy user and setting changes
- 50 custom users
- Backlit, sunlight-viewable, graphical LCD display
- “Ridestats” keeps track of each user’s current, day, and all-time ride-time
- Graphical GPS-based heading ‘compass’
- GPS-based time
- Timed-standby keeps the GPS active while providing useful information with the engine is OFF
- “Navigation Lights” detection dims the LCD backlight at night

We’ve retained popular features from our current paddlewheel-only product (which we’ve renamed “Ridesteady Classic”).

- Intelligent, low power, resistor-less throttle motor control
- Throttle-reduction technology
- V-drive, Stern-drive (I/O), direct-drive (inboard) compatibility
- 8, 6, and possibly 4 cylinder engine compatibility (contact us about 4-cylinder engines)
- Mechanical throttle (i.e. not ‘throttle-by-wire’) compatibility
- Carbureted or fuel-injected compatibility
- 1 year warranty
- 60 day return policy

Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have!

4in_rs_disp_ss_left_angle_800x800_wakeboarder.jpg

Description:
New display with stainless steel bezel
 Filesize:  166.56 KB
 Viewed:  15267 Time(s)

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another special introduction-offer?
Ridesteady

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyZone: For a limited time, we're offering the air and water temperature sensors at no additional cost.
Canucked
Addict
Addict

City: Edmonton

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a cool unit,

I am actually in the market for GPS speed control for my 01 nautique (no system installed currently).

Why would I consider this unit over Stargazer?
Ridesteady

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Canucked,

Well, there are many differences between our Ridesteady and the Stargazer unit.

Usability. Ridesteady uses a two-button keypad with an optical rotary/push switch which makes user and setting changes very fast and easy. We designed our software from the very beginning to be as user-friendly as possible. One of my favorite features is the ‘Cursor Home’ function. The factory default is ‘set speed’. This means the cursor will stay on the set speed so that you can adjust it at any time, before or during a run. However, after you get your set speed dialed-in for your users, it’s recommended you change the ‘cursor home’ to ‘users’. When the speed is below 5 MPH, the cursor will automatically move to the ‘users’ area so that all you have to do is rotate the knob to switch to another user. Then, when you accelerate to start another run, the cursor will automatically move to the set speed area so the speed can be tweaked on-the-fly. The system can be set to save this new set speed to the user profile or not.

Even things like how to adjust the aggressiveness of the control has been optimized for usability. No more trying to guess what "Kdw" and "NN" is and how to adjust them - we have one, "normalized" parameter called "Response". If you want a more aggressive pull, adjust it upward. The most aggressive is 99. If you want a more relaxed pull, adjust it downward. The lowest is 1. Simple and easy to remember.

I can assure you that the Ridesteady system is by far the easiest to use of all the boat speed controls (to the point of being kind-of fun to change settings). You’ve really got to try it.

Performance. A lot of work went into making Ridesteady have incredible GPS performance. From an unloaded to a nearly ‘sunk’ boat with heavy ballast, Ridesteady performs well in all conditions and speeds. You'll be amazed at how fast and well the Ridesteady maintains the set speed. Plus, the graphic LCD screen always shows the GPS status in the upper left corner. The bars indicate an estimation of the quality of the signal (which depends on the constellation of the satellites the receiver can ‘see’ as well as the signal strength). 2 or 3 bars will give a great pull. The upper number next to the bars indicate how many satellites the receiver is using ( ‘+’ indicates 10 or more) and the lower ‘D’ shows whether the satellite is receiving corrections from differential-GPS satellites.

Features. There are a number of new features that are only available on Ridesteady.

“Ridestats” keeps track of each user’s ridetime for the current-run, day, and all-time. On the mainscreen you can see the two 00:00 numbers – the top is the user’s current ride-time and the bottom is the user’s total day ride-time. If you go into the menus, it will show the percentage of each user’s time vs. the total time for the day and all-time.

“Timed-standby” keeps the GPS active when the engine is turned OFF. This keeps the GPS tracking satellites so that when you restart, you have the ‘freshest’ satellite information available – it doesn’t need to reacquire. It turns off higher-power functions like the backlight and the throttle motor so it doesn’t consume too much battery. A counter in the bottom left corner shows your elapsed and time remaining before Ridesteady turns itself off. Or, you can just hit the power button to kill power immediately. Additionally, we display large-font time when in the timed-standby mode, which is fairly useful when you're at the back of the boat and want to easily see what time it is - you don't have to dig out your cell phone.

Real-time features. There’s no need to enter any menus or turn off the speed control to give you all the information you see on the screen. GPS-time, heading (i.e. compass), engine speed, [optional] air and water temperature. It’s all there all the time.

Frankly, there are many other reasons that we think the Ridesteady speed (cruise) control stacks up quite favorably against Stargazer (some of which are listed in the first post). But these are some of the highlights…

jtryon
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, priced well. I was a big fan of the paddle-wheel version you sell but went with a Stargazer for the GPS ease-of-install. Good to see a nice alternative for the future. I like the usability and water/air temp features, and price!
Krypt HLCD's
ACME 913
Ridesteady

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jtryon! Yeah, we would have loved to get this out the door earlier, but you keep finding features you want to add...I appreciate the feedback!
Canucked
Addict
Addict

City: Edmonton

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional info!

i'll be in touch...
Wheeler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Decatur, AL

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the classic system for a couple years now, works great.
Ridesteady

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Wheeler Great to hear from you! You were one of our first customers. Thanks so much for your support! Very Happy
Moon

City: Prosser

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your gps system looks great!!! I to have the classic system and have been very pleased with it. Easy install, consistent pull no matter the weight, and excellent customer service!!!
Ridesteady

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Moon! Very Happy

Nice to hear from you, too! We're really fortunate to have such great customers. Thanks for the kind comment, sir!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: