Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

BIG guy wanting to wakeboard...help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDMDRM

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: BIG guy wanting to wakeboard...help Reply with quote

I am 6'4" 280lb i have no business wakeboarding but i gotta do it...Wife does great on a cwb 141cm...I can get about halfway out of the water only...Do I need a bigger board? Will the boat have to accelerate faster? What am I missing? I got the technique to the point of almost planing Im not plowing butt to heels relaxed just can't get on top.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger board would be helpful for sure. You should be looking at something more in the 144+ range to be comfortable. Any chance you could get some video though? That would help diagnose more easily. With great technique you should at least be able to stand up on a 141 but it'll take more effort.

You should be on the surface of the water in a crouched position, sliding sideways before you even think about starting to stand up. Stay compact, and only start straightening up once you're solidly on the surface. Really hard to tell you what's going on without some kind of reference to what's happening. From your description it sounds like you might need to lean forward a bit and get your weight over the board, finding a happy medium between plowing and what you described is currently happening.

I'm 6'4", at my biggest was 235lbs or so (down to about 220 now) and could get up on a 41" wakeskate no problem (about a 104CM or so according to google, haha). The ride was tiring since the board was plowing the water, but I could get up on a board that small and ride around. I currently ride a Watson Hybrid 143 and it's very comfortable.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your technique is correct the boat shouldn't have to accelerate any faster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: