Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Shimming the Strut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ski Supreme
Criminal
Criminal

City: Las Vegas

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Shimming the Strut Reply with quote

What it is, is I have a 12 inch prop and it is a 1/4 from the bottom of my boat. Acme says this distance should be 1 inch and the prop should be a 13 inch ?????????
So if I shimmed the strut and then realigned the trans and motor would it fix the issue or is this not a good idea.
By the way when I purchased the boat last year it was like this and I burned the gel coat pulling a stranded boater 10 miles to the docks that is how I noticed the issue at hand. LOL

Any ideas?????? Help Please

kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think acme is wrong on the prop size. i wouldnt try shimming the strut down any. to get that kind of clearance with a 13" prop, you would have to shim down about 1 3/8". way to far to make it work. i would find a 12" prop that is better suited for your boat, or dont pull boats as fast as you were.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: