Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

board recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve92sanger

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: board recommendation Reply with quote

Hey all... I'm totally lost on what board to get... I'll start off saying that I have a 1992 Ski Sanger DD boat that I throw a 750 sac in the back (replacing the rear seat) for a wake... still doesn't throw a huge wake, but with room being a premium in my boat, thats all that I can give up... I am fairly new to wakesurfing but have no problem getting up each and every time I try... I am 6'1 190 and have yet to find a board that allows me to throw the rope and stay behind the boat... My last (and only board) was a 2004 4'8 Hyperlite Broadcast... It was a decent board, but not quite enough to ride ropelesss with my size and small wake.... (I no longer have it thanks to it flying off my boat tower without me noticing as I was flying back to the boat ramp)

With that said I'm looking for my next board and there seems to be a very limited selection of boards for me in my area.... I'd like to keep it under $300, wouldn't be against getting used and just want something fun that I can goof off on.

My choices that I can find in the area are:
Hyperlite Landlock... I've heard though it's massive, it's not great on small wakes
LF 5'6 Fish.. dont see much about it anywhere
CWB Ride... very mixed reviews... either stellar or junk...
Hyperlite 5'4 Broadcast...

That's all I can seem to find within a 40 minute drive from me (in Modesto, Ca).. I also don't know anybody with a board that I can try so I don't get much exposure to what I like and don't like

My goals are pretty low... I just want to cruise ropeless... If I pick up tricks later, great... If not, well at least I'm on the water having a good time... I'd also like to continue to allow/teach others to ride as everybody seems to want to try when they see me... so, any suggestions on the board?

thanks for your time and responses in advance!!
kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have rode the fish, not bad but not great. could be a good choice. good for the beginer.

the broadcast looks more like a skim style board and probably harder to ride

out of those i think i would go with the fish.

steve92sanger

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice... Of the choices, I am most torn between the fish and the CWB Ride... I may just pull the trigger and get the fish, especially if it's good for the beginner... it's always nice to have a board that is more of a beginner board for others to try as well
Ridebutter

City: Holly Springs

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote fish over the CWB ride.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: