Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Board Size Dilemma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave.didonato

PostPosted: May 31, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Board Size Dilemma Reply with quote

Hey guys,

This is my second season of wakeboarding and I am just getting into spins and inverts. My question is about my board, I have the harley 2012 LF board that I got last summer for my birthday but it is 143 cm. I have ridden the 139 cm before and didnt really notice a difference. I was wondering if I should size down though because i have been reading that a smaller board is easier to control. I a 5'10 180 lbs, i consider myself in pretty good shape and pretty strong, i am actually a strength coach at an athletic training facility. I am the smallest ofthe people I ride with but have the biggest board, is this going to inhibit my control in the air? I am already landing 180s (bs and fs) pretty well. I havent really had any issuses with the size i am just wondering if i should look into getting a smaller board but i just dont want to spend a lot of money on a new board since i just graduated and am basically broke lol

any ways, any feedback would be great!
thanks!
dave.didonato

PostPosted: May 31, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

175-180 lbs
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: May 31, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.evo.com/how-to-choose-a-wakeboard-and-wakeboard-size-chart.aspx#Length
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: May 31, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short version, if you're comfortable on a 139 go for it.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just got the Harley I'd stay with that. You said youre low on funds and you didn't even notice he differnce in riding the 139. I don't see the need to size down if your just attempting inverts and 360's. I don't think 4cm matters all that much, the swing wait is minimal at best. It could make a difference if you trying to sqeek out a 7 or 9. After your riding progresses and you wear out the Harley think about sizing down, just my $00.02
dave.didonato

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I just got a job that pays well but i might still wait a year or 2. See how i progress too. If i can stomp an invert with a 143 do you think the swtich to a smaller down the road will make throwing those tricks with a smaller board would be easier?
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will make a small difference. I ride a 142 and a 138, I can't tell a difference. My 142 is actually lighter then the 138.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: