Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Looking for my next boat.. input please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffhtg

PostPosted: May 21, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Looking for my next boat.. input please? Reply with quote

So I made the mistake of buying a seadoo to realize how horrible it is as a boat (maintenance, value, and well.. steering). The wake aint bad when its loaded.. but its a b*tch to drive while towing.

So I'm looking for something better. Figured buying a real wakeboard boat would be a good idea. But I have a budget AND I'm not a pro. Altho some of my friends are much better than me so a boat that can appease both pro and non is desired.

Right now that budget is about $20k.. although I am thinking about trying to finance a little more.

I have been looking at several wakesetter direct drives in Florida (I live in Orlando). I talked to a malibu guru that told me the 04-05 hulls were the "good ones" He also said 02-04 VLX were great inexpensive boats - but I can't seem to find any of those for under $35kish. I kind of get the feeling that most V drives are going to be higher than I originally wanted to spend.

I live in the land of nautiques and mastercrafts - and I am dreaming about a 210 team edition sitting at the local dealer ($3Cool perhaps a 25% off offer would be excepted? (it also has no trailer) (here is a link http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...tion-102040611)

So the lineup so far

1. Some older wakesetters (here is a 2004 i am going to go look at http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...tter-102031394)

2. Possssibly find a nautique that will work? I'm not sure which models are good for wake. I have also heard from some friends that the air nautiques "break ankles" and I'm not exactly a pro boarder.

3. There are some moombas around - but they seem like the have the shallowest freeboard (here is one here i think i may go look at http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/3753307885.html)

4. There is a Regal session at a local dealer.. its a V drive and its cheap.. but I hate the tower on it - and the lines are kinda wack on it. but it is cheap...

Any other suggestions? I have read a ton of great information around here.. just nothing right up my alley that is at least current. I should mention that the V drives and big seating arrangements are preferred... as we need to fit as many cheerleaders on the boat as possible.

I asked this question on another forum and got a lot of direction towards the SAN 210. After looking at a 2006 SAN210 I kind of feel that it is a small boat compared to something like the 2007 LSV. (I really would like to be able to put 4 dudes and 4 women in it and still be able to tow and have some sort of room)
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: May 21, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'95 and later Super Sport Nautiques have the same hull as Super Air. Both V-drive. Available for less than 20k. Sport and Air have same hull but DD. Fantastic wake (bit steep but ankle breakers?? Those guys need to learn how to ride) and superb build quality. Not very spacious though with 8+ people in it.
Also look at Mastercraft 205 (dd) and 205v (v-drive). 205V later became X-Star.
Forget about the Regal, don't make the same mistake again.

mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: May 22, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go get this one. Or at least call and get more info.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/showthread.php?24340-1997-super-sport-nautique-V-drive-Auto-ballast-Gt-40-310hp-Tandem-trailer
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: May 22, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh yes, Ive been drooling over that one too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: