Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Trick Progression

View previous topic :: View next topic  
U.P.BorderBoarder

City: Sault Ste. Marie

PostPosted: May 13, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Trick Progression Reply with quote

So this is going to be my first full summer of wakeboarding quite regularly(I have ridden for several years but just started to really get into it late last summer) and I am just looking for some advice on new tricks. I can do heelside w2w 360s and grabs and such and am wondering what kind of tricks are reasonable to try to get this summer. I am working on toeside and switch too so that part is coming along slowly but surely. What are some tricks that would come next in progression for most riders once I get all of the ones that I am doing down perfect. I learn pretty quickly and am willing to try anything but Im not one of those people that will go out and land a tantrum on my first day trying it. It sucks because I am the best rider out of everyone I go with because nobody can give me instant feedback when I do something wrong. Im not trying to be cocky at all I still definitely consider myself a beginner but it just isnt that big of a sport around here so I am always the one teaching my friends. But back to the point I have no idea what I should try next if it should be a backroll or a 540 or anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated Very Happy
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: May 13, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you're comfortable with. As far as basic inverts go, Tantrum, Back Roll, and Scarecrow can probably be learned in a summer. You'll definitely get at least one of those if you focus. I'd also make sure you've got a solid toeside edge and jump. Don't be a heelside hero!
cheesewizz
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about a toeside front roll? it is a pretty comfortable first flip id say it all what you feel comfortable doing try em all too and then go with the one you feel your going to land soon then get it, and then move on just dont waste weeks makeing the same mistake read advice and watch tip videos and ask questions and you'll land a handfull of new tricks, switch heelside nose 180 do that it feels so cool and super relaxed and easy after a few attempts
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w2w hs blind 180 w/ a grab floated out into the flats, super smooth looking especially to the laides
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: