Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What's everyone doing with themself?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blake
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: What's everyone doing with themself? Reply with quote

I need to feel better about myself right now.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've had ESPN and the New York Times following me around for the last two weeks.
Blindside_137
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on wb.com at the moment
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake wrote:
I need to feel better about myself right now.

wasting life in community college, somehow surviving on $170/week. you should feel better now

pyrocasto
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

27, live with my parents in their basement, while I try endlessly and fail at buying houses.

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweating about money. Prepping for a presentation in the a.m.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509037985&ref=profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tball
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamenting my ingrown toenail and excessively hairy ears (wtf).

Go do something nice for someone you don't know; instant feel better.

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am losing weight to offset the bald spot and few gray hairs I have found.

Other than that, working, taking care of the wife and raising a hard headed, very smart toddler.

You should go wakeboarding! Very Happy

Faust
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past 2.5 months, literally everyday has been:

1. Wake up
2. Work 9+ hours
3. Go home, eat soup/bread/rice/pasta
4. Study for 2 hours

Repeat

Have 2 more months to go. On the plus side, I am getting really smart and saving a lot of money. On the down side, I am going crazy and really want alcohol.
Chad H

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling sick. Trying to study a little bit more for my test today. Moreso just looking forward to it being over
Partyb
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lantana, FL

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Living a comfortable financially secure life and enjoying my young and gorgeous girlfriend. Fishing on the weekends. Will do some riding when it warms up. But I'm probably older than you. Trying to loose some weight.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partyb wrote:
Living a comfortable financially secure life and enjoying my young and gorgeous girlfriend.

working on both of these. definitely not comfortable financially, but i'm a hell of a lot better than i was 2-3 years ago.

i'm finally back selling software to the oil & gas industry...w/ the same company that fired me 2 years ago. they got rid of the financial backers that fired me so they wouldn't have to pay me ~$150-170k in commissions, got funded nicely by a couple of vc groups and brought me back. different application and target market now, but same concept. plus a sizable raise from my last job and double what i made here originally.

just took my daughter snowboarding for the 1st time - she loved it. so much so that i have already bought her a board/binding setup for next year's christmas present. and am buying all new gear for myself as well (picked up an arbor roundhouse cx 163 on sale this weekend).

been working out a ton trying to lose weight and look good so i can get one of those girlfriend things. dropped ~20lbs and look a hell of a lot better, but still no gf.

been signing up for a bunch of different fitness events lately: race up 31 flights of stairs in downtown highrise, 5k electric run, bunch of charity bike rides - ms150 austin to houston, hotter 'n hell 100, 3 other 45-65mi rides. planning a scuba trip to the caymans for late spring/early summer, a weekend road trip to new orleans to eat myself silly, and a trip to san francisco this june w/ my daughter on her summer visit.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work, work, work. Both at my job and in my personal life. Since I left college I'm finding that if I'm not busy, I get depressed; it's a constant battle to keep motivated and moving so I don't get bummed out about things in general.

In addition to my job, house/yardwork, my dog, and my fiancee; I've got wedding planning, a blog ( http://wakethings.blogspot.com/ ), trying to lose weight, and am going through the early steps of maybe starting a part-time business.

I'm 26 and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life, and am kind of living paycheck to paycheck. It's a little scary if I stop to think but I'm feeling really motivated all of a sudden. Was in a slump for a really, really long time but now I just find that if I keep myself busy, I'm a happier person. I tend to get burnt out every month or two though.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to feel better about things.......... The snow is melting here, so I’ve got a solid 2 months of dog chit in the backyard. I filled a kitchen sized garbage can on Saturday and there is A LOT MORE…..

What I'm doing -

I’m in my Spring slim down for the trip to Cancun, so working out a lot….counting calories.

Run ragged by the kids….and couldn’t be happier. 4 hockey teams, 2 soccer teams, 1 basketball team right now. I also am helping coach hockey, which is fun and gives me an extra bit of exercise on the side. What a wild ride this has been….not sure I would have predicted this 10 years ago. Puts a smile on my face just typing it.
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running my business, Getting run over by my kids activities, trying to finish the house on the river. Thinking about starting another business that is minority owned (my wife) to cash in on the BS minority rule.
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Boerne

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J. wrote:
Run ragged by the kids….and couldn’t be happier. 4 hockey teams, 2 soccer teams, 1 basketball team right now. I also am helping coach hockey, which is fun and gives me an extra bit of exercise on the side. What a wild ride this has been….not sure I would have predicted this 10 years ago. Puts a smile on my face just typing it.

I love to hear people talk like this, I can't wait until I'm in the same boat Makes me annoyed and sad for the kids that have parents that beetch about all the activities their kids are involved in.
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Boerne

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering why so many people live in big cities (me included now) after driving one hour this morning on my 25 mile commute to work.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing, just with a toddler in the mix now. Wouldn't change a damn thing.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about my cycling. I am signed up to do the MS150 from Houston to Austin in April. Have a ride in two weeks that lets us ride over the Fred Heartman suspension bridge in Baytown, TX. Very nice BIG hill that I will not bomb, as I have gotten speed wobbles the last two times i went down it.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goofyboy wrote:
I am signed up to do the MS150 from Houston to Austin in April.

nice! we'll have to hook it up!
RampageWake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I feel down, I go to CiCi's pizza, the people in there always make you feel like a rockstar! Cool (I haven't needed to go in a looong time though...)

Trying to shed 10 winter lb's to get ready for boardshorts and fishing season. Headed to the Houston Livestock/Rodeo Cookoff (Drinkoff) this weekend. Hotties in short skirts and boots as far as you can see. I approve.

RIP M.H.Legge
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RampageWake wrote:
Whenever I feel down, I go to CiCi's pizza, the people in there always make you feel like a rockstar! Cool

Oh man, this is a great idea. Also, walmart at any time of day.
pyrocasto

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Cici's closed down, so did the on in the next town over. I miss that place. Crying or Very sad

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
LFADAM

City: New York City

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior at VT taking a full course load including 3 capstone classes. Working 15 hours a week to save for my round the world trip in December and working hard at PT to get my knee back ASAP so I can hopefully ride in collegiate nationals in May. Trying everything to land a top marketing internship (preferably brand management on the client side or account planning on the agency side) for this summer
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
goofyboy wrote:
I am signed up to do the MS150 from Houston to Austin in April.

nice! we'll have to hook it up!

I'm thinking about doing the Hotter than Hell 100. You did it last year. Good ride overall? Good support / rest stops?

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really liked it. flat as a pool table and boring terrain for about 50% of the ride, but incredibly well supported and it's so big you're never not around plenty of other riders (i've been completely alone in the middle of nowhere on the tour de cure before). lines can be long at some of the stops, but they move fast. b-rad is looking to do it this year as well - he broke his arm the week before last year's ride. we're looking to get hotel rooms, so shoot me a fb message if you're in and we'll keep you in the loop. that's a long ass drive from houston.
Partyb
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lantana, FL

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jto9, seems like you are doing just fine, great even. I'm pretty sure you're about 10 years younger than me. I know you got the babes, but as we get older finding the right one, or a good one, becomes more important. And fyi, I did ok when I was younger...but once I turned 35 or so, the chicks were everywhere, all ages. I got a great gf now, she's the bomb. Keep up the good work everyone.
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Sac

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a massive solicitation looking to bring in some clients for my own book. Been able to pitch a few fortune 500s but still waiting on contracts. Boss and I do not agree on my share of those contracts and he currently works about 8-12 hours a week so I'm not willing to budge on my position as I'm servicing all of his contracts.

SO...

Put my name into the hat for an in-house corporate gig. Also, started talking to another firm's principle who would help me hang my own shingle and sub-contract with me as he transitions into retirement, also allowing me to take any potential contracts I've recently pitched with me.

Kind of an uneasy time of transition.

arof
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

working like a dog in the middle of audit season and trying to figure out if this is the right thing for me long-term. looking a few outside opportunities but besides the amount of hours i work, i'm pretty comfortable for the most part
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing taxes, raising a toddler, buying wine and guns, thinking about the next animal I want to put in my freezer, trying to restore and airstream. No shortage things to do around my hourse, thankfully my companies stock is up 140% so far this year to help pay for it all.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryoung, you get any of them geeses to fly into your shot the other day?
ohsix

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renovating an office building, moving my company to the renovated office building this Friday-Monday been drawing (or telling an architect how to) a new house for the last 6 months, hopefully close to building, raising a kid (95% wife/5% me, but my 5% still feels like a lot of work), swamped at work, racing dirt bikes, working on my pilot's license, and working out when I can drag myself out of bed at 5AM.
rowlex
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: seattle

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been busy at work and home.

got bored a couple weekends ago and decided to build something. I live 10 min from downtown seattle...so it rains here.

jryoung: what did you think of the polyrythmics?

here is the transformation of my backyard.
started out with:

installed an in-ground hot tub.

built a covered area to be able to grill in the rain.

now we have been bbq'ing friday,sat,and sundays lol.

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice grill^

I forgot to add - new addition to my car "collection", just picked up one of these to play with:

PS: anyone want to buy a very well taken care of 07 Jetta Wolfsburg? Laughing

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
rowlex
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: seattle

PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^nice, love the g series cars. probably my next car once my current fails.

I picked that grill after reading the school me on grills thread here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: