Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

maristar V x-series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhuli

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: maristar V x-series Reply with quote

hello wakeboarding people!

i have recently come across a 2001 mc maristar 210 for sale.

it has no ballast, no perfect pass or tower! as i think is the norm for these boats.

anyway, i'm wondering if anyone has any inout into whether the maristar can be "adjusted" into a wakeboard boat or not, by adding a tower, a few sacks and maybe perfect pass

i know the hull is different and all the rest, but just thought id ask so i go through all my options.

thanks
Goonz

City: Antwerp, Belgium

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I ride behind a 1996 MC Maristar (mid engined). We fitted it with a custom tower and always ride it without any ballast (not allowed on the like we ride)

If you are not custom to any bigger wakes it's ok i guess.
Here is an example of the stock wake with 1 driver and 1 photographer in the boat (both around 154 lbs)

To me it has potential if you weigh it down correctly (40-60% rule)
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: maristar V x-series Reply with quote

garhuli wrote:
hello wakeboarding people!

i have recently come across a 2001 mc maristar 210 for sale.

it has no ballast, no perfect pass or tower! as i think is the norm for these boats.

anyway, i'm wondering if anyone has any inout into whether the maristar can be "adjusted" into a wakeboard boat or not, by adding a tower, a few sacks and maybe perfect pass

i know the hull is different and all the rest, but just thought id ask so i go through all my options.

thanks

Of course you can put a tower on it, put ballast in and PP, but will it throw a good wake? I don't know, as I'm not sure which hull that is. Is it the maristar with the built-in swim platform? Probably not cause they're older iirc, but if it is it won't throw a great wake.

paus21
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Omaha/Woodcliff

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That hull should be exactly the same as the X10. Only difference is the tower, ballast and graphics......which you want to add.

Have never ridden behind an X10 though so I couldn't tell you how the wake is.
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X10 has a fairly wide wake, that is fine for beginners and intermediates but not as useful to pro riders. Shape is good but there are better wakes out there.

The place the Maristar 210/X10 really shines is in coastal use or larger lakes (Windermere for example!), They suck up the chop and have plenty of freeboard so carrying a bunch of people in rougher water is no problem. Other boats in the mastercraft line, such as say the Picklefork X star, in my opinion have too lower nose which makes them less suited for this application than the majority Maristar hulls. If you put an X10 up against an older shape X2, the X" is going to have a nicer wake, but the X10 will beat it in the rougher water.

I have an X10 in the showroom if you want to see one first hand. it's recently sold so I can't offer it to you but you're more than welcome to take a look to garner some experience of what they're like. We're in Crewe, Cheshire - Drop by any time, just drop me a PM or call on 01270 580 180.

Mike
Axis Boats UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: