Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Feb 12, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Advice Reply with quote

I am going to the cable tomorrow and attempting my first inverts. I got in some tramp training yesterday and worked on tantrum, scarecrow and raley's. I landed all of them pretty easily on the tramp but felt allot more comfortable with the tantrum and raley. Any advice on attempting these tricks off a kicker?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Feb 12, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBadWolfe, The best advice I can give it just don't hesitate and throw em. When I get that mindset and I'm not to worried about the trick, I tend to learn it WAY faster. I stuck my 3rd or 4th attempted scarecrow ever just because I was in the mood to huck it.

Raley will probably be easiest, just haul-ass in to the ramp and go for it, that trick is all about confidence.

For the tantrum, just make sure you let go with your back hand and square yourself up to do a backflip and not some weird half-flip/half-180 mess.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like I get allot of the same advice, "just f__k it and huck it". Looks like ill be chugging a red bull and blasting some rage against the machine on the way to the cable. Twisted Evil
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Feb 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some video!
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no video and no tricks landed. I started off with the Tantrum, first attempt I half assed it and under rotated, second attempt I butt checked it and tweaked my left tricep trying to pull it out. The tweaked arm ended my day Crying or Very sad
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah too bad. Next time!
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***update***
So I to a chance to hit the cable for a hour yesterday. There were a bunch of pros and camera crews on the advanced cable and no one over on the intermediate cable. So instead of waiting in a line I hit up the intermediate cable but had the operator bump the speed up. Tried a couple tantrums but just can't fully commit and back flopped the crap out of each try. So I decided try a Scarecrow. I wasn't real confident throwing it on the tramp but its only water so I said screw it. First attempt I actually landed on my board and could have rode away but I think I was so surprised I landed on my feet that I just let go of the handle. Second attempt I stomped it Very Happy . The video below is the first one i have ever landed. I still need to work on getting my pop then throwing the trick, but I'm super stoked I landed my first invert. Also the Scarecrow of the kicker is much easier then the tantrum in my opinion. I can't wait to get back out on the water.

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!!! Congrats man, nothing like the feeling of stomping something new like that.

Scarecrow was definitely one of the quickest inverts for me to learn, it's a cakewalk if you're ok landing switch, the ramp does most of the work. Now just work on taking it bigger!
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, congrats! Yeah just wait a split second for the pop and you'll take it twice as big. Then grab it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: