Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2013 NCAA Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

related to football: Cal's practices under new coach Sonny Dykes are OPEN. I'm sure this is being done to draw the fans back into the program because: ticket sales, but that doesn't matter. Being able to read through a few twitter feeds at work and then watch a highlight/recap video a few hours later is sooooooooo nice. Such a 180 from the Tedford era when everything is closed and his post-practice interviews were all coach-speak. And Cal's new uniforms will be simple, and the white helmet is gone. Which means that I don't have to worry about the below image...

Kinda basketball related, but after seeing these monstrosities I can't help but feel really bad for the Adidas schools that are going to have to put up with some ridiculous new uniform design. Except Notre Dame.

eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1989 called Zubaz want their pants back.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have two - and both are pretty weak. not real sure why all tx schools have hand signs, but i kind of like it - even though we don't have a cool one.

ohsix

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hope Baylor or Tceh don't sue for hand sign infringement.
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Boerne

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohsix wrote:
Just hope Baylor or Tceh don't sue for hand sign infringement.

Tech? Come on, get your hand signs right! Thats no guns up
ohsix

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not 1 finger away from guns up?
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohsix wrote:
Is it not 1 finger away from guns up?

Is it not 1 finger away from the shocker too?

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so arizona state is going to sue too? dammit!
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 04, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of tech, there is some comedy gold up in here
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Justin Manning is a 4-star Texas A&M recruit who plays defensive tackle at Kimball in Dallas, Texas. Manning caused a minor stir in the college football world over the weekend when he posted this picture on his Instagram account showing him holding a fat stack of cash. College football fans understandably wondered where Manning got the cash. Manning claims there is nothing untoward going on in the picture and has been laughing it off on Twitter, saying that it is “income tax season” and just $275.

@JustinGranger: @sabansays lol it only 275 and it is income tax season!

@JustinGranger: Media a fool!

This reminds me, I have to get my taxes done. I don’t know about you, but my favorite part of doing my taxes is when the U.S. Government sends me my refund in a wad of singles with a couple twenties stuck in the middle. The Federal government is trill like that.
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/03/05/justin-manning-a-texas-am-recruit-posted-a-picture-of-himself-with-a-stack-of-cash-explains-it-is-income-tax-season/

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about having a tough time making a decision and sticking with it..... Laughing

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/report-gunner-kiel-notre-dame-fighting-irish-quarterback-planning-to-transfer-everett-golson-brian-kelly-tommy-rees-030713-

Notre Dame quarterback Gunner Kiel intends to transfer after just one season, sources close to the Fighting Irish told the Chicago Tribune

Kiel, a 2011 five-star recruit from Columbus, Ind., and Scout.com's No. 1 prospect, first committed to Indiana in June 2011, later pledged to LSU in late December that year, then de-committed from the Tigers in time to enroll early at Notre Dame in mid-January, 2012.

Kiel was red-shirted this past season and didn’t play for the Irish. He is the nephew of former Notre Dame quarterback Blair Kiel.

Gunner Kiel is the second former five-star prospect from Notre Dame's 17-player recruiting class in 2012 to leave the program.

Cornerback Tee Shepard, also an early enrollee, transferred during his first semester, spring 2012, before taking part in spring practice. Neither played a down for the Irish.

Notre Dame returns three quarterbacks from 2012: junior starter Everett Golson, who has three seasons of eligibility remaining; senior backup Tommy Rees, who enters his final season in 2013; and Rees' classmate Andrew Hendrix, who is eligible through 2014 after a 2011 redshirt campaign.

Malik Zaire, a Scout.com four-star prospect, enrolled at the university in January and will take part in spring practice this month.

The website Irisheyes.com expected Kiel to win the backup role to Golson, a job that has historically resulted in extensive playing time and opportunity under head coach Brian Kelly.
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's going on at Texas?

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shenanigans, mostly. here's the best piece i've seen so far.

Quote:
Friday was one of the craziest days I've had on the Texas beat in a while.

I was told early in the day the attorneys for former Texas women's track coach Bev Kearney may be preparing to name names as it pertains to the digging they've been doing on others at Texas possibly having inappropriate relationships.

Some of the allegations I was told could have crippled the administration.

But after calling everyone I know at Texas to root out if there was any merit to some of the most damaging allegations, I was told that if Kearney's attorneys released this information, it would merely be guesses on their part.

Have there been some inappropriate relationships at the university that could be very damaging to the current administration that have not been reported at this point? Either because Kearney's attorneys don't have enough evidence or a deposition to back it up?

It's very possible.

But Kearney's attorneys are not playing those cards at this point. So the threat of more revelations simply drags on with everyone wondering if Kearney's attorneys will ultimately have the goods to go public with such revelations. Or have the ability to gather/confirm that information in a deposition that could be used as testimony in court.

One thing I do know is the University of Texas is not going to settle with Bev Kearney, who was pushed out last fall for having an inappropriate relationship with one of her student-athletes 10 years ago.

She wants the value of the new contract she was about to be paid ($2.5 million), plus some damages, so at least $3 million. The UT regents would have to approve anything more than $1 million. And the regents are not going to approve it.

As most know, the UT System regents board is appointed by Gov. Rick Perry, who has been at odds with Texas president Bill Powers over numerous issues.

I'm being told, if Kearney's attorneys have the goods, it will all be allowed to come out, because the regents are diametrically opposed to paying her off to keep quiet. They are of the mind that if Kearney wants to file a discrimination or gender bias lawsuit against the university by making such a claim with the EEOC (the agency that enforces federal employment discrimination laws), so be it.

So we wait.

Kearney's attorneys have not yet filed such a complaint with the EEOC possibly because they've been fishing for a settlement that doesn't appear to be coming.

When Mack Brown's former director of football operations, Cleve Bryant, was being pushed out the door because of a sexual harassment complaint against him from a female in the Texas football office, Bryant was ready to fight back legally and name some names of his own.

But, according to multiple sources, prominent Texas booster Jim Bob Moffett, the head of Freeport MacMoRan, a gold and copper mining giant, entered the picture and hired Bryant as a personal assistant. And Bryant went away quietly and has declined interview requests since.

If there was another Texas booster out there ready to hire Kearney at the cost of $3 million to be a personal assistant, that person probably would have surfaced by now.

If Kearney's attorneys truly have information that could bring down the administration at Texas, it's probably time to file that complaint with the EEOC and prove it - because a formal settlement isn't coming.

from my friends who played at texas, rick barnes is one who could get outed. no idea how much proof is out there, but it only takes one to step forward.
churchy

City: Boise, ID

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find the post about Johnny Football throwing up the hook 'em horns at a concert. I know some were even say maybe it was just the devil horns. Well, here is his nice UT tat.

jonny.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  53.23 KB
 Viewed:  25495 Time(s)

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't figure out what is funnier - the fact that the aggy messiah is a t-shirt longhorn, or that mack brown didn't want him.
ohsix

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand he wanted to play for tu his whole life, but not enough to play safety. I hear Mack also recruited RG3 as a safety. Maybe Mack should give his safeties some reps at QB?
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack needs to find the exit door and go through it. Evil or Very Mad
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohsix wrote:
I understand he wanted to play for tu his whole life, but not enough to play safety. I hear Mack also recruited RG3 as a safety. Maybe Mack should give his safeties some reps at QB?

mack wanted rg3 as a corner, but close enough. not surprisingly, a quick look shows at least 4 hs qbs in the longhorns 2 deep.

let's not forget that not a single other school offered rg3 at qb, so it's not like mack was way out in left field on that one.

let's also not forget that even kevin sumlin didn't offer jff at qb, and his offer list wasn't exactly a who's who of bigtime programs, so again, it's not like mack was all alone on that call.
ohsix

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know RG3 had no other offers, I always heard he just wanted to play for Briles. Jff was definitely a diamond in the rough though.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rg3 committed to houston when briles was there, then followed him to baylor (coaching change was before national signing day). couple of other big name schools offered him, but as an athlete.

Quote:
Griffin reportedly had offers from Nebraska and Tennessee, among others (see below), where his speed and 6-foot-3 frame likely would have made him a wide receiver. Instead, he latched on to the chance to play quarterback in Art Briles' spread attack at Houston, and followed Briles to Waco – about an hour from Griffin's high school – when he took the top job at Baylor in November 2007. Griffin took over in the second quarter of his first game and immediately established himself as the focal point of the Bears' attack, as a runner and passer.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/QB-Focus-Robert-Griffin-Baylor-s-Mr-Indispens?urn=ncaaf-326074
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you begin your junior year as a Mackey Award Finalist and the top tight end in the nation.....get a DUI and suspended from the team.

http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootball/2020543521_huskyfootball13.html

eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Mar 14, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Sark! It's out of control on Montlake!

No wait then you might get a good coach Twisted Evil Arrow Arrow

Chad H

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and yet another reporter trying to go after auburn, yet everyone has denied her allegations... Can't they go find dirt on Alabama?
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad H, seriously? Come on man.

I'm sure there is plenty to be found on Bama, but with all the smoke from the Cam/MNC year it boggles the mind that nothing was found with Auburn. Of course, nothing was found because nobody was actually looking, but I digress.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Chad H

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez,
They keep beating a dead horse. The NCAA won't come back without damn good evidence, because the NCAA currently looks like a bunch of clowns.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NCAA is a bunch of clowns....
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E.J. wrote:
The NCAA is a bunch of clowns....

well, their prez is a complete bozo:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/4/4/4183936/mark-emmert-press-conference-ncaa-final-four
brew
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Jackson

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad H wrote:
chavez,
They keep beating a dead horse. The NCAA won't come back without damn good evidence, because the NCAA currently looks like a bunch of clowns.

I know you have rose colored glasses, but I'm sure you've heard the saying where there's smoke there's fire. In this case the whole damn forest is burning. This guy that is on trial is going to sell everyone out that he can on his way down. Also, a reporter isn't going to misquote that many players in one article.

The E60 coming out later this month will be interesting.
brew
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Jackson

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are just on page 1 of ESPN right now:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9135194/twelve-auburn-tigers-football-players-failed-synthetic-pot-tests

http://espn.go.com/espn/e60/story/_/id/9133824/a-darker-side-downfall-auburn-tigers-espn-magazine

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9131624/auburn-tigers-coaches-bribed-players-altered-grades-broke-recruiting-rules-gene-chizik-according-report

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9134864/gene-chizik-calls-auburn-tigers-allegations-short-facts-logic

Again, smoke=fire.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't I say back when the NCAA ducked all responsibility here that the media wasn't going to just leave this alone?

Look Chad, this is an easy mark for a journalist. There is no doubt that Auburn was garbage dump dirty during that MNC year. I mean for f*cks sake, we've the the NCAA laying huge sanctions on tOSU for f*cking tattoos - but somehow Auburn is clean and gets no sanctions after all the sh*t we've been hearing about? What the mother f*ck? This kind of crap has to stop at some point.

Chad H

PostPosted: Apr 05, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez,
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/04/ncaa_president_mark_emmert_on.html

Interesting opinion by the president of the NCAA, but also we know he's not the best at his job either..
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New logo for da Golden Bears...

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's just a secondary logo. Not meant to replace the Cal script logo at all.

I like the new uniforms, but dislike the addition of a grey alternate uniform. Confused

http://nikeinc.com/news/cal-athletics-unveils-updated-brand-identity-for-golden-bears#/inline/19063

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad H wrote:
chavez, They keep beating a dead horse. The NCAA won't come back without damn good evidence, because the NCAA currently looks like a bunch of clowns.
Or perhaps there's another explanation...

Quote:
NCAA director of enforcement Dave Didion finished his last day on the job in Indianapolis on Friday, with just more than a week before he leaves to return to Auburn.
Quote:
Didion, who has 25 years experience in compliance and enforcement, previously worked at Auburn from 1995 to 1999 as the assistant director of athletics for compliance before leaving to work for the NCAA.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/04/12/ncaa-director-of-enforcement-dave-didion-mark-emmert/2079311/

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not saying he's playing favorites or sweeping things under the rug now are you?? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Add To Favorites

Jump to: