Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Balance training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Balance training Reply with quote

I've been itching to go out riding but its been kinda chilly. So I was working out doing some riding specific exercises which includes doing squats on my view-do board (balance board). Then I got an idea from the crazy contraption some one posted on here for slider training (it looked like a mechanical bull for wakeboarding). I took a old handle and about 4 feet of rope and attached the end of the rope to a hook on the wall on my patio. The hook is a little over head high. I then was able to get on the balance board while holding the handle. This put me in perfect riding position. I am now able to balance on the board with the resistance of the rope and handle. Since the board is on concrete it will rotate. This allows me to to balance on the board and practice handle passes, balancing switch and presses. This also forces me to use the handle to rotate myself. Just thought I would pass this idea along since everyone will be waiting on warmer months to go riding and looking for ways to improve while not on the water.

Edit: switched out the rope for bungy chords, works even better
ediotism
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 03, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just random ideas:

1. add a small dumbell to your handle? it'll feel awkward and tiring for your shoulders, but that's the muscles it'll help you train up Surprised

2. i actually use my indo board to do my press ups on (before my knee injury). i started by having my feet on the floor, spread out to help balance, then hands on each ends of the board so i have to balance with my upper body while doing slow pressups. it teachs your muscle more delicate adjustments while exerting power. i then gradually moved my feet closer together as i got better at it, and eventually i have them elevated on a small bench to increase upper body load. yes it would hurt when you lose balance in this position, but it makes you build up to it gradually, helps you build core muscle (since you're also constantly adjusting your balance) AND having to concentrate on your workout instead of zoning out/ thinking about your tax bills.

3. set your board on fire while you're training, 'mericans always do that for some reason Twisted Evil
Lantzvillian
Criminal
Criminal

City: Lantzville,Nanaimo

PostPosted: Feb 01, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

endo board if they still make them?

There is also a type of squat you do on a pool noodle thats been cut in half and you can do squats (one legged and two legged) on a bosa ball. Try playing catch with someone tossing you a 5-10 pound medicine ball to make it harder.

liquidforce519
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indo board for sure. Put a brick on a handle and pass it for extra practice. on the indo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: