Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Catholic School Worker Fired

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Catholic School Worker Fired Reply with quote

Saw this article on Yahoo. Thoughts?

http://news.yahoo.com/teacher-fired-supporting-gay-marriage-182156124--abc-news-topstories.html

I think he has every right to express his opinions and beliefs, but an employer has every right to terminate if it violates their policy.

I don't see a problem with the way this worked out and it kind of seems like he doesn't either. I think he's proud he stood his ground and I think he should be.

E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the school district should have wrote a manifesto in his name, saying he was going to seek revenge on those that cost him his job & sent it to the media. Then killed a couple family members of the school board. Had a massive manhunt that ended in his death via fire in his home.....then donated $1,000 to the Boy Scouts of America in his name & had lunch at Chick-Fil-A.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would make for a more exciting story, wouldn't it?
Faust
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the church's stance on gays, abortions, sex, etc is so incredibly and remarkably hypocritical, considering how many gays became priests, how many nuns have gotten pregnant, etc throughout the history of the church.
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Boerne

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:
I think the church's stance on gays, abortions, sex, etc is so incredibly and remarkably hypocritical, considering how many gays became priests, how many nuns have gotten pregnant, etc throughout the history of the church.

I agree, everyone involved with the church should be perfect...anyone that makes a mistake or has a lapse of judgement is a hypocrite
b_girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Toronto

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he minds how it all worked out either. I'm quite happy that he stood up to what he believes is right and didn't cave to what they were wanting him to do. Like he said, who really has time to worry about who marries whom?!
Faust
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgriffith wrote:
Faust wrote:

I agree, everyone involved with the church should be perfect...anyone that makes a mistake or has a lapse of judgement is a hypocrite

Rolling Eyes Please just state your point instead of completely twisting around what I said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: