Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

First board...PLEASE HELP! THANKS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctatienza

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: First board...PLEASE HELP! THANKS Reply with quote

Hey, I've never been wake boarding before, and i plan to wake on the ocean. I am very interested in purchasing a board, I'm 4' 11 100 pounds, my friends 5' 2 118 pounds, and my brother is 5'6 130 pounds and we all plan to share a board. What size do you think would be best? I was thinking a RONIX Vault 2011 134cm, RONIX Mana 2012 135 cm, or a RONIX Viva Modello 2012 136cm.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! ID REALLY APPRECIATE REPLIES! Surprised
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jan 02, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would stay in the smaller size boards like the 134 range. So buy the smallest size in the line that you decide on getting. The boards you have selected are from beginner and up. the viva being the most agressive of the three. The vault is the most popular setup for beginners.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Jirka

City: Ostrava

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about start wakeboarding too. I have snowboard for Winter and all who do snowboard said me. It is better if you have own board. That's mean for whatever. What is better?
Buy one? Or lend one?

GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how much you plan on wakeboarding. If you are going a lot, you should definitely invest in your own board. If you are only planning to try it out a few times, then borrowing is the way to go. The easiest way to try if you don't have any friends with gear or a boat is to find a local cable park and rent stuff there.
Jirka

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I can wakeboarding just through Summer. I am from middle in Europe. We have here just small lake. I can use just cable park. Which kind of wakeboards should I buy? Can you give me a tip for brand, if i will wakeboarding just in cabel park ?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the local cable park has a shop they can help you find what you like and maybe find a board to try out on the water before you buy it. There are many wakeboards out now that are made specifically for cable parks and have a 'grind base' that is tougher than a normal wakeboard and will last longer if you are hitting lots of obstacles. Regular wakeboards will work ok too, just won't last quite as long and are more likely to get damaged.

Brands like Slingshot, Hyperlite, Ronix, and Liquid Force are all good choices. They make quality products with lots of different options.
Jirka

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for answer
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jirka, Not a problem. Good luck out there, don't hesitate to ask any more questions or search the message boards when you have a couple of wakeboards that you're looking at. Cool to see people all over the world wakeboarding!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: