Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

On the hunt for a wakeboard boat -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walker99

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: On the hunt for a wakeboard boat - Reply with quote

I've been looking for a used wake boat for the last couple months, and haven't had much luck because my budget is about 30K. However, today I located a 2004 Nautique 210 (super air / team edition) with all the goodies for 30K (his bottom price). Has about 400 hour on it, but looks to be in pretty good shape. I noticed a few war scars, but figure that's normal for a boat this old. Just wondering if I should hold out for something newer with a few less hours (not in a huger hurry), or pull the trigger (after a detailed inspection of course). I'm a little worried that at this price with this many hours, I might get a little more depreciation than holding out for something a little newer.
Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Wakeboard Boat General Discussion area for more responses, but 400 hours on a '04 is not that much.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

400 hours on a 2004 is pretty low. I would still have a compression test done on the engine just to check it out. This is probably a buyers market right now since the season is over for most. You are also going to get into boat show season in Jan/Feb so trade-in boats might be something to look at with local dealers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: On the hunt for a wakeboard boat - Reply with quote

Walker99 wrote:
I've been looking for a used wake boat for the last couple months, and haven't had much luck because my budget is about 30K.

?Que? Man there's tons and tons of boats for sale for $30K! I think I've even seen 2006 210's for around that amount. Take your time and so some more research. 400 Hours isn't much, imo.

BrtnDan
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 18, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onlyinboards.com, boattrader.com, planetnautique.com, themalibucrew.com, mastercraft team talk were all resources I used.

Ironically, I ended up finding my Axis an hour from me. I was ready to drive to SC (live in MI) to pick up something.

my price range was a little higher than yours ($35-40K) but I'd started out in the same range as you, with the intention of paying straight cash homie. Ended up financing ~$5k at a pretty good rate with my local bank, so it made more sense to stick with that.

Good luck! the search is 1/2 the fun
CPGrandelli
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Nov 14, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it man, if you can get your hands on a SAN with that low of hours with good maintenance records. Spend the money and enjoy!
2012 Hyperlite State 134
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Johnson City

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, yeah, 400 hours on an 04 is real low. Im at 415 hours on a 2010. That sounds like it was out a couple times a season. If it all checks out, thats not bad.
CPGrandelli
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go for it yet?
2012 Hyperlite State 134
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: