Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Whip reviews???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejoe

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Whip reviews??? Reply with quote

Looking for some reviews on the SS Whip. All I can find when I search is every single online seller and no reviews.

So has anyone rode it? Whats some opinions on it and how does it compare to the Lyman? I ride cable only and kite. I need to replace my Reflex and I want a stiffer ride for air tricks.

My biggest concern is the grindbase, how slick is it and how does it hold up? How much does the molded fins effect pressing and rails? Lastly has anyone pulled out the 2013 fast track yet? I know it's soon for that but this is why my 2011 Reflex is dead.
augie
Criminal
Criminal

City: KC

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I demo'd a 12 whip for one session in spring, never rode a lyman and was riding a 09 response for previous season.

the whip was stiffer and faster than my response. better pop, rather more consistent, but not like my watson that has a bit more vertical. note my response is the year before the stiffened up all the boards. It tracked a ton better. biggest complaint about my response is it could slip a bit on hard edges up the wake, not the whip though. The whip is basically the continuous rocker equivalent of the lyman.

The channels run the whole length of the board, unlike the ballistic series that disappear in the middle for a smooth area between the feet. I'd guess the ballistic boards would be better for cable + kite.
The molded fins are pretty pronounced. The base is bombproof.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: