Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Best wakeboard for Small Wake??? Please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitnes10

City: Halifax

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Best wakeboard for Small Wake??? Please help Reply with quote

Hey I'm still riding behind an older run about boat. It has a pretty small wake behind it, but unfortunately it's my only option right now. The top speed with 2 in the boat and pulling a rider is 25mph so that's plenty of top end speed (even too much).

I'm looking to get a new board this summer and wonder what type of rocker would be best for bigger pop. I'm looking at the 2012 LF Harley as one of my options, but still would like others inputs.

Also, I currently have my line attached to the back end of the boat on a pulley system, but I'm planning on upgrading this summer and getting the Insanity Pylon, which attaches to any boat and will then have my line connect about 5 feet off the deck of my boat. That should help with jump height too.

Thanks guys, any help is welcome!
Wakeska89

City: Rockford

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride behind a really small wake most of the time. I haven't ridden too many boards, but I know a lot of guys like the ronix mana on small wakes. It's a board that will give you maximum pop, or at least thats what dean smith says. The Harley does great on smaller wakes too, and you really can't go wrong with that board no matter what you are riding behind. Maybe check out the watson classic, or slingshot recoil. All really good boards that will get you up there.

Getting your rope up higher will make a night and day difference. I put a joystick rollbar on my little boat and it did wonders.
tdickman4
Criminal
Criminal

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

either a 3 stage rocker or a board with a lot of flex. i would suggest the ronix one (3 stage rocker) or humanoid oracle(flex and the best board i have ever rode)
venko7

City: Durban, South Africa

PostPosted: Nov 19, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride on a relatively small wake, and I ride a 2010 Ronix Mana and I love it! I also haven't ridden many other boards though, but still would recommend this board to anyone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: