Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

help with 720's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakeboarder3039

City: Orlando, Fl

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: help with 720's Reply with quote

So here is the deal, I can do all my front side 540's switch and regular, I can land toe side blind, and I can 720 with no handle on the tramp. I have been going for 7's for at least a month now, I tried my first one off the kicker, I dropped the handle, and I tried them behind the boat, and then I broke down when to the tramp. I could do them without the handle but I just can't spin the extra 180 which is funny because I'm going big enough and spinning fast enough but when I get to about 610 degrees and I just stop spinning, on the tramp or on the water. Please help!

Greg Nelson
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, happen to have any video? I'm not close to doing these but can probably help diagnose.
wakeboarder3039

City: Orlando, Fl

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd wrote:
Hmmm, happen to have any video? I'm not close to doing these but can probably help diagnose.
Sorry no I'll probably get some this weekend

Greg Nelson
shaggyboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: ft. laud.... hook me up with a pull

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all about the handle control. Keep it close to your waist. If you getting stuck its probably because your handle is getting too far away from your body making it harder to pass and continue the spin.

Spinning on a trampoline really doesnt have to do with doing it on the water especially without a rope. It might help with some muscle memory but there is no line tension.

Aaron Hale
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Soddy, TN

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaggy is right..... the handle controls your spin.... to keep it closer to your body pretend you have what I call "T-Rex arms" Meaning that you should try to keep your elbows low and by your side as you cut in, making it look like you have little short arms, and that will keep the handle oriented close to your waist so as you complete the last 180 after the 5 it will be there to pull you all the way around..... if it is far out from the beginning then it will be really far away during the last 180 making it nearly impossible to complete the spin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: