Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

How's the season going for you so far?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: How's the season going for you so far? Reply with quote

I haven't gotten to ride NEARLY as much as I was hoping to. A trip to china + broken bindings put me out for a couple of months but I got back on the water last Saturday finally and had a BLAST. I landed most of my regular tricks before my out-of-shape arms/legs just gave up after 2 hours at the cable. Still hoping to get that crow mobe before the end of the year and I need to work on spins/cleaning up my style. Want to push myself for grabbed 5's and get my cable air tricks back too.

What about everyone else? Seen any progression? Anything you're trying to get in as we soon roll in to winter months? Fortunately I get to ride year-round (ha! to you northerners) so I've got plenty of time on the water left for 2012.
da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am freaking stoked i finally sacked up to cable air tricks.. two 1 hour sessions into it i am popping pretty high raleys (see my other photo-thread). i'm getting really consistant with a lot of my tricks and feel pretty confident on the water for a 32 year old!
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been riding a ton, but progression has been slow. had hoped to have the 3 and tantrum by now.
here lately my right ankle has been holding me back. just keep reinjuring it on the first jump everytime i ride.
right knee is F'd too but i can ride threw it.

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode only a few times this summer, about three... then had my long overdue acl reconstruction.

I'm goin hard this offseason to get back my strength and hit the water harder than ever in 2013

Ps205Rider
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been out less this year than any year, mostly because our lake had been down 5 foot from around March to the end of July.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mehhhh not progressing at all lately. Haven't been riding with my 'regular wake buddies' but with a new guy who is not the best driver in the world. Yet (I hope). But regardless, I was hoping to now have switch bs1's and rgular and switch ts bs 1's. But none... Was pretty confident I'd be grabbing my tantrum and ts backroll by now. Nope... Wish I could afford to go to the wakeboard camp or boarding school or something. But again: nope.
One good thing: still having fun though!

da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the most important thing!
ediotism
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

torn ACL, torn meniscal ligament, dislocation. had surgery and on my way to recovery, and hopefully can enter a comp in the coming april.

tricks wise i've learned all my oillie/switch/blind/unwrap on all sides, landed a tantrum to blind not long before the injury. sitting in a wheel chair chomping down on chocolate and coffee everyday now, that'll keep me warm for the coming winter season Laughing
wakechick13
Addict
Addict

City: Lake Lewisville, Texas

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ediotism, That sucks.

I landed my first wake to wake this summer! And, a couple more after that. I know you guys had more success, but I was pretty proud of myself Smile

lukus01

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally sacked up and started working on an invert this season. Landed a backroll for the first time about 2 weeks ago! I've added grabs to all of my existing tricks. Been working on riding blind & BS spins, hoping to get 180 w2w very soon, and 360 after that. Also need to figure out what TS invert to start working on.

oh, and have stayed relatively injury free all year, which is progress for me.
birdlakeboarder

City: Pettisville

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great summer got to ride more than i have for a while now. landed a tantrum this summer and have my hs 3's on lock really started working on grabbing and poking my hs fs 180's and ts fs 180s. started woking on some blind landings and just havent quite got the body position consistent on the landings. looking to add a ts 3 and ts invert next summer, and taking everything switch w2w more constantly. O and hit up a cable park for the first time this summer and now im hooked! also stayed injury free so all in all great year!
dalderman
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Carlsbad

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoked and having a great summer. Riding with more weight and a bigger wake with comfort. Rode a couple of contests in the Vets division and did pretty decent. Added four new tricks to the bag this year as well really got my grabs, pokes and shifties looking good. New tricks include
BS 180 to blind
Wrapped TS back 180
Wrapped HS 360
HS BS 360

Super close on my backroll too and hope to add that before 2012 ends. Overall it's been a breakthrough year.
FlatH20
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like some of the others - not enough time behind the boat or out on the water for that matter - have nailed the TS W2W and started working the 180 TS. also been riding a lot of switch... between the weather, work and "other activities" its becoming a bit harder to get out as much as I would like. knock on wood - pretty much injury free... my son on the other hand has really worked the front roll and the 180 landing to blind
MITWakeboarder

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boat was broken for a month, but after that it was great. Got Toeside W2W and learned and got consistent 4 inverts--HS Backroll, Tantrum, Frontroll, and Raley. Would've gotten the TS Backroll but I tore/pulled my ab muscle about 1.5-2 weeks before I went back to school.

Sadly the season is over for me now.
ray4man

City: Joplin

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once we started hitting 100 + degrees for six weeks straight, we only went to the lake maybe twice. We got a few weekends in until the lower unit went out on the Sunday before Labor Day. Sad I did get my heel side w2w's down and was progressing with my HS backroll until that happened. I was really hoping to land one of those. I did get all the way around a few times, just couldn't (or didn't) hang on to the handle. My season might be over.
twolfcorner2009

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to ride as much as possible, but with the massive drought that went through the midwest (I primarily ride down in Central Indiana and SW Michigan) some of the places we usually ride were basically unridable for a while. The Salamonie River and Mississinewa Reservoir were down like 15-20 feet of the normal Summer Pool levels.

Continued to master/perfect my tantrum
TS 180
TS BS 180
HS Wrapped 360
And really workin to just add some style to my riding
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray4man, what lake?
V8 Killer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Break-through year for me. Taught myself 3 new flips in the last 8 weeks, with 1 to go for this year's checklist. But I have to hurry as I've got several spins to learn or master before winter.

ediotism: Sorry to hear that man, tough year, but you've got a great attitude about it all at least. Tore my ACL many years ago (pre-wakeboarding), so I'm super paranoid about it now.

Regards,

Dusty

ray4man

City: Joplin

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pet575, Stockton Lake, MO. I have some friends who are still going but only one of them has a tower and a BIG wake. I need to brush up on my surface tricks anyway. It's all good.
Lemmy

City: Rotterdam

PostPosted: Oct 30, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I gave it all I had, went out again today, park closes for the season after tomorrow but I came out just short of sticking inverts. Still, not too bad for my first season and as it is, I only really started in june. Guess I made some progress anyway, being 37 I just learn a bit slower than back in the day. Well, that's the excuse I use anyway Laughing

I'm stoked to get back out next spring though. Just bought a Response and tried it first time today, that's one sick piece of work! And to think I'm gonna be on that thing all next season!
And it's about time to start getting silly with snowbards again. Hopefuly that'll keep me busy this winter.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Oct 30, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have been cold! Heard it was freezing like crazy in NL a couple nights ago. Do you ride with Da Liks?
Lemmy

PostPosted: Oct 30, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time, yes.
Not yesterday though, but hey... and the weather's starting to get nasty now, however it's not freezing yet. A couple of places had freezing temperatures at night, but I understand that was only once or twice, not too bad yet. But I guess calling it a season is the right thing to do Wink
CPGrandelli
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 30, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great season. Unfortunately got cut short since I had to deploy in the beginning of August. Luckily I will be back in time for the next season!
2012 Hyperlite State 134
ZakkDaniels

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made some good progress this summer. Rode cable for first time which was cool. Unfortunately hurt my knee early August so I've been out since. But it's feeling pretty strong so hopefully can get some riding in soon maybe. Hurricane Sandy Bubb Rubb my whole island up here so until I have a home im kinda stuck. Would like to finally nail a tantrum which is what I was working on when I get hurt.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Nov 01, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't do nearly as much as I was hoping but since I'm in Florida I'll probably be extending my season through winter. Still have a couple of tricks I want to get in the bag.
Will
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Queensland, Australia

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our season is just starting but my progression is consistency. Cable: Landing 9 our of every 10 double sbends, heaps of new spins and presses on the rails, got batwings back, ts raleys off the water, tail tantrum to blind and grabed roll 2 blind. Boatwise I just don't go out in it enough to progress at the moment however last ride I landed my bag. Sometimes I feel too old to learn new tricks until I get close to a new one Smile

I have a list of new tricks I want to learn this summer Smile
Lemmy

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: