Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HS360 of a kicker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: HS360 of a kicker Reply with quote

Hey guys, just getting back into wakeboarding after a decade off. I just moved to Orlando and have been hitting up OWC (first and only cable I have ridden). I am having issues hitting my HS360 as well as BS180. After reading on here I think its just a handle pass issue and I need to start doing the "milk jug" exercise to correct this. Any chance you guys can watch a video of my attempt and let me know what I am doing wrong. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

[/code]
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That actually looks pretty good, the handle pass is what's getting you, you're just letting it get away from you. The way I like to imagine it is that I'm trying to shove the handle in to my back pocket on the opposite side of my body (so in your case, try to jam it in to the pocket on your left cheek). Just have confidence with it and really muscle it to where you need to be.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd wrote:
That actually looks pretty good, the handle pass is what's getting you, you're just letting it get away from you. The way I like to imagine it is that I'm trying to shove the handle in to my back pocket on the opposite side of my body (so in your case, try to jam it in to the pocket on your left cheek). Just have confidence with it and really muscle it to where you need to be.

Yea I think I need to go into it more with the confidence I'm going to land it. Should I try the "milk jug" routine or just keep attempting it off the kicker? I plan on hitting the park tomorrow for 2 hours. I"ll try shoving into my left back pocket like you suggested. Thanks for the input
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBadWolfe, The milk jug thing can help but isn't really necessary. Can be a good workout and builds good muscle-memory though if you've got the supplies lying around and are bored.
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnar, thanks for the advice. I will work on the handle pass tomorrow and hopefully stomp it. I have the same issue with my bs180. Do you think I should work on the handle pass for that as well or work on landing it wraped?
BigBadWolfe
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 08, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been awhile but thought I would update. So I got some advice from the cable operator as well as advice on here. I wasn't using the rope to help my rotation and that was keeping me from getting the handle pass around. Second attempt of pulling the handle to my right hip and using my hips to rotate I stomped it. I even stomped a few 540's. using the handle/line for rotation really gets you spinning. Next up is a tantrum, wish me luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: